Why Are Threads Being Prematurely Closed on Science Forums?

• Thread starter mesa
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation was about a thread being prematurely closed due to various reasons such as the question being easily googleable, the poster not bothering to read provided information, the question being asked despite already knowing the answer, and the discussion going off-topic. The main reason for the thread being locked was that the question had been answered. The poster also expressed their dedication to the scientific method as their motive for posting on the forum.
mesa
Gold Member
We all know why I am here so how about a discussion about threads being prematurely closed.

I get that I push things but the discipline of Science is my guide. For those of you who question my 'motive' here it is: I am dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge through the scientific method .

Physics news on Phys.org
1) You started a thread with a question that can easily be googled. If you bothered for 10 seconds to look it up for yourself, then you would have received the answer. See also https://www.physicsforums.com/blog.php?b=3588

2) I posted a wikipedia link which contains all the information. You clearly did not bother to read it, but started questioning it anyway.

3) Your question was whether we had anything better than Archimedes and after a few posts in becomes clear that you already knew about Ramanujan's identities. So why bother to ask the question if you already knew the answer?

4) Instead of reading the wiki link I provided, you started an off-topic discussion about the use of PF and so forth.

These 4 reasons contributed to the lock.

With respect to the lock of this thread, it has mainly one reason: the question has been answered.

Last edited by a moderator:

What does "I know, I know, I am back" mean?

"I know, I know, I am back" is a phrase commonly used to express that someone is returning or back from a previous absence or break. It can also be used to confirm that someone is aware of something or has knowledge about a certain topic.

Why do people use "I know, I know, I am back" as a phrase?

People use "I know, I know, I am back" as a phrase to convey their return or presence after being away, as well as to emphasize their knowledge or understanding of a situation or topic.

Is "I know, I know, I am back" a popular saying?

Yes, "I know, I know, I am back" is a commonly used saying, especially in casual conversations or social media posts.

Can "I know, I know, I am back" have different meanings?

Yes, "I know, I know, I am back" can have different meanings depending on the context in which it is used. It can mean someone's physical return, their acknowledgment of a situation, or their recommitment to something.

What other phrases are similar to "I know, I know, I am back"?

Other similar phrases include "I'm back", "I'm here", "I'm back in action", "I'm aware", "I'm informed", "I'm back on track", among others.