Help: Generating AC with Hand-Driven Generator

• Thread starter rsnd
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Generators
In summary, the conversation discusses designing a hand-driven AC generator and the need for specific information on the relationship between coil loops and voltage/current output. The person has found some information on this topic, but still needs help understanding how to store energy from the generator into a battery.
rsnd
Hello

I am supposed to design a hand driven AC generator. I kinda know how to do it. You just have some sort of coil and you rotate it in a magnetic field. Thats all good but for analysis part I am required to give specific information information about no of loops of the coil and total energy out including voltage and and current stuff. So far I haven't found anything linking coil loops with voltage/current output etc. All I have managed to find, well I got it off a seminar that since more photovoltic cells => more voltage and less current. Therfore more coil loops=> more voltage and less current.
This is where I need help with. I need something that relates coil loops etc with Voltage and current output in a constant field.

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
kool...farady's laws...flux and stuff...coil l in mgf B etc...its all coming back...just another question on that...

If I was to store X joules of energy from it to a battery? how would I do it?

What is a hand-driven generator?

A hand-driven generator is a type of generator that converts mechanical energy, typically from the motion of a person's hand, into electrical energy.

How does a hand-driven generator work?

A hand-driven generator works by using the principles of electromagnetic induction. When a magnet inside the generator is rotated by the motion of the hand, it creates a changing magnetic field that induces an electric current in the wires of the generator.

What materials are needed to make a hand-driven generator?

The main materials needed to make a hand-driven generator include a magnet, copper wire, a shaft or crank, and a base or frame to hold everything in place. Other materials such as gears or pulleys may also be used to increase the efficiency of the generator.

What are the advantages of using a hand-driven generator?

One advantage of using a hand-driven generator is that it is a renewable source of energy. As long as the person continues to turn the crank, the generator will continue to produce electricity. Additionally, hand-driven generators are portable and can be used in remote or off-grid locations.

What are some practical applications of hand-driven generators?

Hand-driven generators can be used in a variety of situations, such as in emergency power supplies, camping or outdoor activities, and educational demonstrations. They can also be used in developing countries or areas with limited access to electricity as a sustainable source of power.