News Reporter and Usenet Posts

• Thread starter AKG
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of news reporter and Usenet posts appearing in 'New Posts' searches despite being excluded in the user's profile settings. The reason for this issue is due to the posts being hacks independent of the normal functions of the website. However, the issue is expected to be resolved when the features are ported over to the new system.
AKG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Whenever I choose to exclude News Reporter posts and Usenet posts from my 'New Posts' searches, it never works, and those posts still show up. In fact, every time I go back to edit my profile, those boxes to exclude those posts are unchecked (even if I checked them 5 minutes ago and clicked on "Save changes").

Physics news on Phys.org
The news reporter and usenet posts are hacks that we've developed independent of vb's normal functions.

Okay, but when I edit my options so that those posts are excluded from my 'New Posts' searches, why do they keep appearing, and why don't the boxes stay checked?

AKG said:
Okay, but when I edit my options so that those posts are excluded from my 'New Posts' searches, why do they keep appearing, and why don't the boxes stay checked?

Hmmm not sure, but we will be porting those features over to the new system so hopefully they will be responsive then.

What is a news reporter?

A news reporter is a journalist who gathers and presents information about current events and news stories to the public through various mediums such as television, radio, newspapers, and online platforms.

What is Usenet?

Usenet is a global network of online discussion forums that was popular in the 1980s and 1990s. It allows users to post and read messages, called "posts", on various topics and participate in discussions with other users.

How are news reporters and Usenet posts related?

News reporters can use Usenet as a source of information and quotes for their news stories. They can also post their articles on Usenet to reach a wider audience and engage in discussions with readers.

Are Usenet posts considered credible sources of news?

Usenet posts should be evaluated carefully before being considered as credible sources of news. While some posts may contain accurate information, others may be biased, false, or outdated. It is important to verify the information from multiple sources.

Can anyone post on Usenet?

Yes, anyone can post on Usenet as long as they have access to a Usenet server. However, some servers may require a subscription or have restrictions on certain types of content. Usenet also has moderators who can remove inappropriate or spam posts.