About injecting rabies vaccine,.

• Medical
  • Thread starter kakarotyjn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Vaccine
In summary, the individual was scratched by a wild cat and received the first three injections of the rabies vaccine, but did not take the fourth injection on time. The doctor recommended starting the injections over from the beginning, causing the individual to become angry. They turned to the community for information on the action principle of the vaccine and stated that some doctors are difficult to communicate with. The response provided information on the recommended number of doses and types of vaccines in the US, as well as encouraging the individual to prioritize their health over any negative experiences with their doctor. Ultimately, the individual received the fourth injection and feels better both physically and emotionally.
kakarotyjn
I was scratched by a wild cat,I took the rabies vaccine injection rigorously for the first three injections,but at the fourth,I haven't take it on time.

Today I went to the hospital to take the fourth injection,the doctor told me that I need to restart to take the injection from the first to the fifth.(I'm in China,people take five times injection of rabies vaccine in china.) The doctor's attitude was bad,and I became angry just at the moment.I haven't taken the fourth injection yet.

I don't want to listen chinese doctor's request.I came here and ask for help because I trust you,you are much more rational and objective.

Could somebody tell me that what the influence is if I lately take the fourth injection of rabies vaccine?Should I really get a restart of injection?

THanks!:smile:

Biology news on Phys.org
For the record - you won't get medical advice here, other than to go and consult your doc.

Sigh,so sad.

I don't need advice,I just want to know a little about the action principle of the rabies vaccine,I can make the decision.

Some doctors here are hard for me to communicate with,the one I met this moring is one of them

kakarotyjn said:
I don't need advice,I just want to know a little about the action principle of the rabies vaccine,I can make the decision.

Some doctors here are hard for me to communicate with,the one I met this moring is one of them

As Borek said, we can't give recommendations here. I can provide you with information about the US Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommendation. The first dose is the rabies immunoglobulin (RIG) which attacks the virus directly. This is followed by three (new recommendation) or four (old recommendation) vaccine injections. The new recommendations are for three vaccine doses at days 3,7 and 14 days after the RIG. In the US, a new purified chick embryo cell vaccine has replaced the human diploid cell vaccine (HDCV). The HDCV requires four doses following the RIG. If the total number of injections (including the RIG) you were supposed to get is four, it seems you are getting the new chick vaccine. The vaccine boosts your body's immune response to the virus and all three doses are deemed.necessary for adequate protection.

http://www.cdc.gov/rabies/resources/acip_recommendations.html

Last edited:
I'll say this much: attitude, research, and more.. whatever happens it's better to get a hundred of these injections than Rabies. Beyond that, it would break PF guidelines.

Thank you all.I've take the injection this morning,feeling relaxed now.

But I was really sad about the doctor yesteday..

Thank you!

kakarotyjn said:
Thank you all.I've take the injection this morning,feeling relaxed now.

But I was really sad about the doctor yesteday..

Thank you!

I'm sorry that you experienced that anxiety, and your doctor should have a better bedside manner. I am VERY glad that you've decided to continue, and that you feel better (emotionally) now. Be well Kakarotyjn.

nismaratwork said:
I'm sorry that you experienced that anxiety, and your doctor should have a better bedside manner. I am VERY glad that you've decided to continue, and that you feel better (emotionally) now. Be well Kakarotyjn.

Thank you :rofl:

1. What is the purpose of injecting a rabies vaccine?

The purpose of injecting a rabies vaccine is to provide protection against the deadly rabies virus. It works by stimulating the body's immune system to produce antibodies that can fight off the virus if a person is exposed to it.

2. Who should receive the rabies vaccine?

The rabies vaccine is recommended for people who are at high risk of exposure to the virus, such as veterinarians, animal handlers, and travelers to areas where rabies is common. It is also recommended for people who have been bitten or scratched by an animal that may have rabies.

3. How is the rabies vaccine administered?

The rabies vaccine is typically given as a series of injections, usually in the arm muscle. The number of doses and the schedule may vary depending on the type of vaccine being used and the person's age and health status.

4. Are there any potential side effects of the rabies vaccine?

Like any medication, the rabies vaccine may cause some side effects, such as soreness, redness, or swelling at the injection site. Some people may also experience mild symptoms such as headache, fever, or nausea. These side effects are usually mild and temporary.

5. How long does the rabies vaccine provide protection?

The rabies vaccine provides long-lasting protection, but booster doses may be recommended for people at continued risk of exposure, such as those who work with animals. It is important to follow the recommended vaccine schedule to ensure ongoing protection against the rabies virus.