Celestron UpClose Porro Series 10-30 x 50 Zoom Binoculars

• Stargazing
  • Thread starter BH Wiz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Series Zoom
In summary, the Celestron UpClose Porro Series 10-30 x 50 Zoom Binoculars appear to be a good option, but they may not be as good as other similar products. If you are looking for a telescope at a lower price point, the Bresser Galaxia 114/900 may be a better option.
BH Wiz
I found these on amazon "Celestron UpClose Porro Series 10-30 x 50 Zoom Binoculars"...Are they good?

Astronomy news on Phys.org

Wondering. How good are the National Geographic Telescopes? Specifically NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC 114/900MM AZ. Say compared to the Bresser Galaxia 114/900.

BH Wiz said:
I found these on amazon "Celestron UpClose Porro Series 10-30 x 50 Zoom Binoculars"...Are they good?

Storm89 said:
Wondering. How good are the National Geographic Telescopes? Specifically NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC 114/900MM AZ. Say compared to the Bresser Galaxia 114/900.

A good rule of thumb is "the more you spend, the better they will be".
Obviously it's not always that simple, but generally it works out that way in my opinion. I'd look for similar products and see what the price range is for them. If yours is at the bottom of the bucket, it's probably not too good.

Drakkith said:
A good rule of thumb is "the more you spend, the better they will be".
Obviously it's not always that simple, but generally it works out that way in my opinion. I'd look for similar products and see what the price range is for them. If yours is at the bottom of the bucket, it's probably not too good.

Of course. That's the rule of thumb I've gone by on most occasions. From what I can see the two are somewhat similar, but the difference is in the stand, which I understand is quite important.

I'm actually asking cause my birthday is right around the corner and I've been meaning to put a telescope on my wish list and these are around the price I could probably sum up if most of my family gathered round. I doubt they will, but you can always live in the hope, can't you?

I can't find much else than Bresser Galaxia 114/900 or Bresser Pollux 150/1400 (but without a 3x Barlow) or Bresser Lyra 70/900 at that price range. The National Geographic one is a little cheaper, but the stand appears somewhat worse.

Another good rule of thumb is that you can buy base-level optics from a well-respected manufacturer and probably get superior quality. I bought my basic Nikon 50x7s from L.L. Bean, and they are wonderful. High-end manufacturers can let their quality-control and good materials permeate their whole line without busting the bank. Buying optics from some line that sources their gear from various manufacturers in China offers you no such advantages. Good luck!

1. What is the magnification power of the Celestron UpClose Porro Series 10-30 x 50 Zoom Binoculars?

The magnification power of the Celestron UpClose Porro Series 10-30 x 50 Zoom Binoculars is 10-30x, meaning it can magnify an object up to 10-30 times its normal size.

2. What is the objective lens size of these binoculars?

The objective lens size of the Celestron UpClose Porro Series 10-30 x 50 Zoom Binoculars is 50mm. This determines the amount of light that can enter the binoculars, resulting in a brighter and clearer image.

3. Are these binoculars suitable for stargazing?

Yes, the Celestron UpClose Porro Series 10-30 x 50 Zoom Binoculars are suitable for stargazing. With its high magnification power and larger objective lens, it can provide a clear and detailed view of celestial objects in the night sky.

4. Can these binoculars be used for bird-watching?

Yes, the Celestron UpClose Porro Series 10-30 x 50 Zoom Binoculars are great for bird-watching. Its zoom feature allows you to adjust the magnification according to the distance of the bird, and the 50mm objective lens provides a bright and sharp image.

5. Is the focus adjustable on these binoculars?

Yes, the Celestron UpClose Porro Series 10-30 x 50 Zoom Binoculars have a center focus wheel that allows you to adjust the focus of both lenses simultaneously. This makes it easier to quickly focus on objects at different distances.