Can magnetic field be rotated on polar axis

In summary, the conversation is discussing the possibility of rotating magnetic fields and its effects. The speaker provides a link to a website discussing the Faraday Paradox and their own experiments on the topic. Another speaker mentions previous knowledge of the issue and suggests further research. They also share a link to a forum discussing the effects of rotating magnetic fields.
Vanja
Hi!

Can someone prove, that magnetic field can be axialy rotated.
I proved it can not.
look at
http://www.geocities.com/terella1/

It looks there is something in basic physics that most scientists missed or were even unaware. Tha long known Faraday Paradox of rotating magnetic field.
My experiments give now the whole new basis for Earth dynamo theories and for a revision on number of theories.

Have fun rotating those magnets!

Physics news on Phys.org
This is an interesting question. I heard of it before, but I thought the issue was resolved by there being induced currents in the leads of the voltmeter, causing the "illusion"
I will do some research on the subject and see what comes up. In the meantime, perhaps some experts can jump into explain the effects observed.

1. Can the magnetic field of the Earth be rotated on its polar axis?

Yes, the magnetic field of the Earth can be rotated on its polar axis. This phenomenon is known as geomagnetic reversal, where the direction of the Earth's magnetic field flips or reverses.

2. What causes the rotation of magnetic fields on polar axes?

The rotation of magnetic fields on polar axes is caused by the movement of molten iron in the Earth's outer core. This movement creates electric currents, which in turn generate the Earth's magnetic field.

3. How often does the Earth's magnetic field rotate on its polar axis?

The rotation of the Earth's magnetic field on its polar axis is not a regular occurrence. It happens sporadically and can vary in frequency, with some intervals being as short as 5,000 years and others lasting for millions of years.

4. Can humans manipulate or control the rotation of magnetic fields on polar axes?

No, humans do not have the technology or ability to manipulate or control the Earth's magnetic field. However, we can observe and study its changes through scientific research and technology.

5. What are the potential effects of a reversed magnetic field on Earth?

A reversed magnetic field on Earth could have various effects, such as disrupting communication and navigation systems that rely on the Earth's magnetic field. It could also potentially affect the migration patterns of animals that use the Earth's magnetic field for navigation.