Please verify if my answers are correct.

• Thread starter snipaj9696
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a scenario where a bear weighing 750 N walks out on a beam to retrieve a basket of food. The beam is uniform, weighs 200 N, and is 5.80 m long; the basket weighs 80.0 N. A free-body diagram is drawn for the beam and at x = 1.10 m, the tension in the wire and components of the force exerted by the wall on the left end of the beam are found to be 372.1 N (tension), 186.05 N (Fx), and 707.75 N (Fy). It is then determined that the maximum distance the bear can walk before the wire breaks is 3.868 m
snipaj9696
A hungry bear weighing 750 N walks out on a beam in an attempt to retrieve a basket of food hanging at the end of the beam. The beam is uniform, weighs 200 N, and is 5.80 m long; the basket weighs 80.0 N.

Go to this link for the picture. http://answerboard.cramster.com/physics-topic-5-146405-0.aspx

(a) Draw a free-body diagram for the beam. (Do this on paper. Your instructor may ask you to turn in this sketch.)

(b) When the bear is at x = 1.10 m, find the tension in the wire and the components of the force exerted by the wall on the left end of the beam.

372.1 N (tension)
186.05 N ( Fx)
707.45 N ( Fy)

(c) If the wire can withstand a maximum tension of 750 N, what is the maximum distance the bear can walk before the wire breaks?

3.868 m

Part B) 0-(750)(1.10)-(200)(2.90)-(80)(5.80)+Tsin60(5.80)=0 so T=372.1 N

Fx=(372.1)cos60=186.05 N
Fy=1030-(372.1)sin60=707.75

Part C) T=750

(750)(sin60)(5.80)-(750)Xmax-(200)(2.90)-(80)(5.80)=0 solve for Xmax

Xmax=3.868 m

Are my answeres correct? I only have once chance to enter in my answer for webassign.

Thankyou

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
What wire?

How is the wire placed in relation to the beam?

There is supposed to be a picture, but it won't generate on the website. Go to this link to see the picture. http://answerboard.cramster.com/physics-topic-5-146405-0.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How can I verify if my answers are correct?

One way to verify your answers is by double-checking them against the given information or instructions. You can also ask a colleague or teacher to review your answers for accuracy.

2. Is there a specific method for verifying my answers?

There is no one specific method for verifying answers. It depends on the type of questions and the subject matter. Some methods may include re-reading the question, using a calculator, or referencing a textbook or online resource.

3. Can I use online tools to verify my answers?

Yes, there are various online tools available for verifying answers, such as grammar and spell checkers, plagiarism checkers, and math equation solvers. However, it is essential to use these tools carefully and not rely solely on them.

4. What if I am still unsure if my answers are correct after verifying them?

If you are still unsure about the accuracy of your answers, it may be helpful to seek assistance from a teacher or mentor. They can provide feedback and guide you in understanding and correcting any mistakes.

5. Why is it important to verify my answers?

Verifying answers is crucial because it ensures the accuracy and validity of your work. It also helps in identifying any mistakes or areas for improvement, which can ultimately lead to a better understanding of the subject matter.