Who Sat Where in the 3rd Grade Girls' Movie Outing?

• Thread starter Alfi
  • Start date
In summary, Tory, Heather, Kara, and Donna went to see a movie. Heather sat in the first seat, followed by Donna, Tory, and Kara. Donna only sat next to Tory. The order in which the girls sat was Heather, Donna, Tory, Kara, with Donna and Tory sitting next to each other.
Alfi
Tory, Heather, Kara, and Donna went to see a movie. Heather took the first seat. Kara and Tory did not sit next to each other. Donna only sat next to Tory. In what order did the girls sit?

something not right here me thinks.

Physics news on Phys.org
methinks also
were there 5 seats? :D

all information is given.

I'm trying to find if this is from the tv show 'smarter than 5th grader'

I won't to see what answer was accepted.

K - H - D - T

Who said Heather had to be on the side? :tongue2:

rx7_drifter said:
K - H - D - T

Who said Heather had to be on the side? :tongue2:

But Heather has to be in the first seat. Maybe there's a zero seat?

lisab said:
But Heather has to be in the first seat. Maybe there's a zero seat?

"Heather took the first seat."

I think this can be interpreted in two ways.

-First way: Heather sat down in seat '1'. (Which makes this problem seem impossible.)
-Second way: Heather sat down first (no specific location) -- (Taking her seat first...)

That's how I see it anyways.

Who's to say that they all sat in a single row, or all on the same side of the aisle?

Quote:
Tory, Heather, Kara, and Donna went to see a movie. Heather took the first seat. Kara and Tory did not sit next to each other. Donna only sat next to Tory. In what order did the girls sit?

put a comma between Donna only, and sat next to Tory and it works

isle HKDT

might just be a typo

answer: heather-donna-tory-kara

mongstar said:

answer: heather-donna-tory-kara

Donna only sat next to Tory.

donna-tory-kara - doesn't work

K-h-t-d

brads77 said:
K-h-t-d

Yes but that means the poster intentionally misguided the question. The "first seat" is not "sitting down first" in any dialect of English I've ever heard.

Feels less like a riddle and more like trying to interpret someone for whom English is their 4th language...

Is winning First Place the Bronze medal because its awarded before gold and silver?

They were at a drive in movie. Heather and Kara sat in the two front seats, Donna and Tory sat in the back

K.J.Healey said:
Yes but that means the poster intentionally misguided the question. The "first seat" is not "sitting down first" in any dialect of English I've ever heard.

Feels less like a riddle and more like trying to interpret someone for whom English is their 4th language...

Is winning First Place the Bronze medal because its awarded before gold and silver?

I would disagree...examples:
He shot the first soldier killed in the battle (doesn't imply any line-up of soldiers)
She ate the first cookie from the batch (again, no order implied)

I think the first seat can very well mean the one someone sat in first

K.J.Healey said:

That's the point. It's a trick question. It's stupid and simple; no need for over-analysis.

Answer: Imhotep is invisible.

When they say "Donna only sat next to Tory" they mean "Donna is the only one who sat next to Tory." Alfi is right, it's HKDT.

no, first place is first because the racer finished first, opposed to second or third. it is not related in any way to when the award is given.

1. Who sat where in the 3rd grade girls' movie outing?

The seating arrangement for the 3rd grade girls' movie outing is not a scientifically studied topic. As a scientist, I do not have information on who sat where during this specific event.

2. Is there a scientific reason for why certain girls sat in certain seats?

No, the seating arrangement for the 3rd grade girls' movie outing is most likely based on personal preferences or random chance. There is no scientific reason for why certain girls sat in certain seats during this event.

3. Did the girls choose their own seats or were they assigned?

As a scientist, I do not have information on how the seating arrangement was determined for the 3rd grade girls' movie outing. It could have been a combination of the girls choosing their own seats or being assigned by a teacher or chaperone.

4. Were there any patterns or trends in the seating arrangement?

Without further context or data, it is difficult to determine if there were any patterns or trends in the seating arrangement for the 3rd grade girls' movie outing. As a scientist, I would need more information to make any conclusions.

5. Does the seating arrangement have any impact on the outcome of the movie outing?

As a scientist, I do not have information on the specific seating arrangement for the 3rd grade girls' movie outing. It is unlikely that the seating arrangement would have any significant impact on the outcome of the event.