Where Can Scientists Submit Ideas Without a University Email Address?

• Thread starter eljose79
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ideas
In summary, there are a few key points to consider when looking for funding for research ideas. The first is to thoroughly research potential funding sources and determine which would be the most appropriate for your specific field of study and research. It is generally acceptable to submit proposals to multiple sources, but it is important to carefully review the guidelines and restrictions for each source. The formatting requirements for proposals may also vary, so it is important to review and follow the guidelines closely. Finally, the timeline for hearing back about funding can vary greatly and it's important to review the information provided by the funding source to get an idea of their review process.
eljose79
I have tried at arxvi.org but you must have an e-mail account at your university and i unfortunately lost it due to several problems..and i can not submit ideas to arxiv.org..is it another place to send them?..thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
The only thing I can think of is to collaborate with a university professor who does have a university email address.

1. Where should I send my research ideas for funding?

The best place to send your research ideas for funding will depend on your specific field of study and the type of research you are conducting. Some common options include government agencies, private foundations, and academic institutions. It is important to thoroughly research each potential funding source to determine which would be the most appropriate for your research.

2. Can I submit my research ideas to multiple funding sources?

Yes, it is generally acceptable to submit your research ideas to multiple funding sources. However, it is important to carefully review the guidelines and requirements for each source to ensure that your proposal meets their specific criteria. Additionally, some funding sources may have restrictions on simultaneous submissions, so it is important to check for any limitations before submitting to multiple sources.

3. Is it better to send my research ideas to a specific individual or a general department?

This will depend on the specific funding source. Some may prefer proposals to be addressed to a specific individual, while others may prefer general department submissions. It is important to carefully review the guidelines and instructions for each funding source to determine the best way to address your proposal.

4. How should I format my research ideas when submitting them for consideration?

The formatting requirements will vary depending on the funding source. Some may have specific guidelines for font size, margins, and document length, while others may have more general formatting requirements. It is important to carefully review the guidelines and follow them closely to ensure your proposal is in the correct format.

5. How long does it typically take to hear back about funding for my research ideas?

The timeline for hearing back about funding for your research ideas can vary greatly depending on the funding source. Some may have a quicker review process, while others may have a longer timeline. It is important to carefully review the guidelines and information provided by the funding source to get an idea of their timeline for responding to proposals.