Invisible Art: MONA Revolutionizes the Concept of Real

• Thread starter russ_watters
  • Start date
In summary, these "invisible pieces" are just a way for James Franco to make money off of people who are too stupid to realize that what they're looking at is just an image.
Evo said:
Zooby and Fuzzy, I moved you discussion here - https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=510881
I'm not discussing anything with, or along with, fuzzyfelt here. My last post was a response to yours.

Physics news on Phys.org
zoobyshoe said:
I'm not discussing anything with, or along with, fuzzyfelt here. My last post was a response to yours.
I thought you two had a good serious discussion going.

The rest of us are just dissing the invisible art for being stupid, not looking for a discussion of it. We're heathens zoob. :tongue2:

Evo said:

The rest of us are just dissing the art for being stupid, not looking for a discussion of it.
I haven't said a word to her, nor she to me. I've talked to Russ, you, and Proton Soup.

Aside from pointing out it's not as new an idea as Russ thought, I've been dissing it as well.

zoobyshoe said:
I haven't said a word to her, nor she to me. I've talked to Russ, you, and Proton Soup.

Aside from pointing out it's not as new an idea as Russ thought, I've been dissing it as well.
You are definitely welcome to continue dissing it with us, it's just a fun thread.

Evo said:
You guys can start another thread on this, russ's purpose was to show how stupid some things are, not to start a conversation on whether the nonsense means anything to anyone in anyway, so let's not derail the thread. :smile:

Evo said:

The rest of us are just dissing the invisible art for being stupid, not looking for a discussion of it. We're heathens zoob. :tongue2:

Wait! What?! Only ridiculous posts are allowed in this thread and serious posts should be made somewhere else?!

My head is spinning here as if the entire Earth has shifted on its axis, causing little eddy currents within the semicircular canals of my cochleas. Strangely, it feels as if the room is spinning in a clockwise direction, which must mean the eddies in my ears are spinning in a counter-clockwise direction.

Now seriously, how often does art do that to a person?

On a side note, I've noticed something incredible about this art. You don't even have to go to their website to imagine it! That is so cool!

If P.T. Barnum was still alive, he would make a killing on this. Gates, Carlos Slim and Buffett would have to watch their backs.

This has been a "[URL business[/URL] for 50+ years; I guess the only 'new' thing would be selling 'invisible sh*t' (farts) for €124,000...EDIT:
The link was a little bit too artistic for PF’s filter, replace * with i ... :biggrin:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist's_sh*t

Last edited by a moderator:
Back