PF Holiday: A Day of Rest for the Dedicated Scientists at PF

• Thread starter Moses
  • Start date
In summary, the PF community discussed taking a day off from the website to give the database a break and challenge their addiction to the site. They suggested November 24th or February 29th as potential holiday dates, but some members expressed concerns about withdrawal symptoms and preferred to have the website running all the time. The idea of taking a break during presidential elections was also brought up.
Moses
PF Holiday...

Hey PF Nation...
I was thinking of a Holiday day that we decide in "democratic" way at PF where we will not visit our dear website..to make the database headache becomes better..
-That we are kind of addicted or "sitting too much" sometimes here [sometimes?]
- That it's good to challenge ourselves by one day off this website...let's the ego win over the id for at least once!
- It could be fun...I am not sure exactly how!

For now, I want to suggest to make 24 Nov the day, jus because i like 24/11/2004 since it has two 0's, 1's, 2's & 4's

A punch of people might be ok...we can made the holiday just for one forum if we like [and the metor(s) like] such as this one here!

Physics news on Phys.org
Blasphemy! I shalt not abandon mynth precious loved physicsforums.com

Smurfee you are showing symptoms of critical intoxication, go home, get some rest.

This friendly advice comes from a member of the PF Anonymous :biggrin: .

Polly said:
Smurfee you are showing symptoms of critical intoxication, go home, get some rest.

This friendly advice comes from a member of the PF Anonymous :biggrin: .

I concur.

I go through withdrawals if I don't visit PF for over 8 hours.

Chrono said:
I concur.

I go through withdrawals if I don't visit PF for over 8 hours.

I go into withdrawals faster than i would if denied oxygen...yeah i can hold my breath for a quite while.

Well, there's no database headache of any sort; our server is not heavilty loaded at all. We would much rather see all of you logged in at once, than none of you logged in at all.

- Warren

chroot said:
Well, there's no database headache of any sort; our server is not heavilty loaded at all. We would much rather see all of you logged in at once, than none of you logged in at all.

- Warren

So: I have 45,000 students at my university, can ALL of them come...some of them prefer to have 100 usernames and log in in the same time...is that ok? [Chroot, i guess you know what i am plaanig now because of your generous offer :biggrin: ] :rofl:

that'd be radical. [I need rehab]
I know you don't get withdrawal symptoms from marijuana for 6 months after your last use, what's the time on PF? anyone?

Smurf said:
that'd be radical. [I need rehab]
I know you don't get withdrawal symptoms from marijuana for 6 months after your last use, what's the time on PF? anyone?

eeeeee my Lord! Chill out, i am just kidding...I like the database and want to to have it relaxed all the time...
Let's give it one day of holiday!

For all those with radical addiction to PF, how about Feb 29th as a rest day?

Adrian Baker said:
For all those with radical addiction to PF, how about Feb 29th as a rest day?

Or every presidential election?

1. Should PF have a holiday day?

This is a subjective question and can vary depending on individual opinions and values. Some may argue that PF (personal finance) is an important aspect of daily life and should not have a designated holiday. Others may argue that having a day dedicated to focusing on financial health can be beneficial.

2. What would be the purpose of a PF holiday day?

The purpose of a PF holiday day would be to promote financial literacy and awareness. It could serve as a reminder for individuals to review their finances, set financial goals, and educate themselves on personal finance topics.

3. Would a PF holiday day benefit society as a whole?

Yes, a PF holiday day could benefit society as a whole. By promoting financial literacy and responsibility, it could lead to a more financially stable population. This could potentially decrease the number of individuals in debt or living paycheck to paycheck.

4. How would a PF holiday day be celebrated?

The celebration of a PF holiday day could vary. It could involve financial workshops or seminars, community events focused on financial education, or even just taking the day to review one's own personal finances and set goals for the future.

5. Are there any potential drawbacks to having a PF holiday day?

One potential drawback could be the commercialization of the holiday, with companies using it as a marketing ploy to sell financial products or services. Additionally, some may argue that having a designated holiday for personal finance could trivialize the importance of financial responsibility and make it seem like it is only important for one day out of the year.