What countries are most in demand for engineers?

• Engineering
  • Thread starter Blablablabla
  • Start date
In summary, many countries could a US-educated engineer (electrical, mechanical, etc) find work easily in. The countries that would be best for an engineer would be Brazil, Continental Europe, and the United States.
Blablablabla
What countries could a US-educated engineer (electrical, mechanical, etc) find work easily in?

Physics news on Phys.org
Blablablabla said:
What countries could a US-educated engineer (electrical, mechanical, etc) find work easily in?

I have a question for you, why would you want to leave the USA?

Last edited:
Yes, there is plenty of work to be found in many countries. My question: What kind of engineering are you looking to do?

If you're looking to do that sort of work, may I suggest the Peace Corp?

EngCommand said:
I have a question for you, why would you want to leave the USA?

Heck, I wouldn't mind going to someplace like New Zealand or Australia.

Also, yes, according to their immigration site, they need EE's and IE's (I didn't check ME).

It's not an insult to the US. I've thought the same thing. You want to see the world in an extended way or have a big big change in your life but you don't have the money to keep from working.

Well, Brazil needs engineers, especially Petroleum, Naval and Chemical.
They will also pay you very well for Naval engineering, easily more than 100k dollars a year.
But although it's not an African country(although they are all considered third world...), it's still a lot worse to live in than the US.
No, there are no monkey in the streets(I bet there are not many monkeys left at all), health care is just as good as in the US(if you have the money since it's VERY expensive, if not you are going to die in a dirty public hospital)...
But the main problem is that it's just violent, there are tons of gangs and the police is not as effective as in developed countries.
That in the big cities of course, if you are going to live in the Amazon, you're going to live in modern day stone age. And life will be incredibly short.

You could give contitental Europe a try. Many countries have strong industries and routinely employ lots of engineerers. Immigration to the EU is also much easier than immigration to the US. If you are going for a big company it is also quite possible to be employed without speaking the local language (except in France, I guess; and you'd really want to learn the local language at some point in time to simplify everyday life.)

Just want to see if there's any more input on this matter.

1. What factors contribute to a country's demand for engineers?

A country's demand for engineers can be influenced by a variety of factors, including its economic growth, infrastructure development, and technological advancements. Additionally, industries that heavily rely on engineering, such as manufacturing, construction, and energy, can also drive the demand for engineers in a particular country.

2. Which countries have the highest demand for engineers?

The countries with the highest demand for engineers can vary depending on the specific engineering field. However, some countries that consistently top the list include the United States, China, Japan, Germany, and South Korea. These countries are known for their strong economies, advanced technology, and large-scale infrastructure projects.

3. Are there any emerging markets that are experiencing a high demand for engineers?

Yes, there are several emerging markets that are currently experiencing a high demand for engineers. These include countries in Southeast Asia, such as Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia, as well as Middle Eastern countries like Qatar, United Arab Emirates, and Saudi Arabia. These countries are investing heavily in infrastructure and technology, creating a demand for skilled engineers.

4. Is there a specific type of engineer that is in high demand globally?

While demand for engineers is generally high across all fields, some specific types of engineers are in particularly high demand globally. These include software engineers, mechanical engineers, and civil engineers. As technology continues to advance and infrastructure projects increase, the demand for these types of engineers is expected to remain high.

5. How does a country's education system and workforce development impact its demand for engineers?

A country's education system and workforce development play a crucial role in meeting the demand for engineers. Countries with strong education systems that produce a large number of skilled engineers can meet their own demand, while also exporting engineers to other countries. On the other hand, countries with limited access to quality education and training may struggle to meet the demand for engineers, leading to a shortage and potentially relying on foreign engineers to fill the gap.