What if there was a war between all good and all evil people?

• Thread starter lockecole
  • Start date
In summary: evil. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
lockecole
Which side would win and why?

Physics news on Phys.org
whoever gets their hands on the US and russian nuclear arsenal first :D

lockecole said:
Which side would win and why?

Who's standard of "Good and Evil" would you use to divide up the sides?

This type of simplistic division into good&evil only serve one purpose:
To demonize those given the epithet "evil", justifying that the ones given the epithet "good" can maim, torture and kill those they call "evil" because they are "bad guys".
Does this sound somewhat familiar?

Hint: Try and name the world leaders today most insisting upon calling others "bad guys".

thread killer! there are no good or evil people.

it's an olde saw, but all people, by nature, are good. unfortunately, some of their acts are considered evil or bad.

within the theory of probable worlds/futures - you will have a victor based on your expectations, fears and beliefs. the observer witnesses the future world of his creation.

love&peace,
olde drunk

It seems like the 'evil people' will win. After all... they are evil... going to any lengths to win. Id imagine at least a few of the 'good people' will lose faith (because naturally, being good, they'd hate war), but I am not sure.

can't be sure. The Evil could betray one another for more power and the Good could refuse to take lives even if the lives belong to the good. a war probably needs a little good and a little evil on each side.

But listen to the olde drunk when he says there is no good or evil.

The 'good' will win. They'll be the ones who write the history books and will explain it all in a way that makes it perfectly clear why they are the 'good' and the other side was the 'bad'.

BobG said:
The 'good' will win. They'll be the ones who write the history books and will explain it all in a way that makes it perfectly clear why they are the 'good' and the other side was the 'bad'.
This guy wins.

I would say the bad guys at the time would win because evil is more efficient. For example, why capture people and waste food on them when you can just kill them?

You missed on obvious follow-through there. Were one truly efficient, the enemy not only would not have food wasted on him, he would be the food.

Would good people bother going to war?

Andy said:
Would good people bother going to war?
Sure, if they regard the other side to be composed of howling demons.

There can't be a war betwen good an evil people. All poeple are evil. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :wink:

PS. I would go to war if it was for a good couse. But since it seams that there won't be any communistical revolutions in Europe soon, I don't believe you will find me anywhere nere a military institution.

Without thinking about this too much-
Evil would fight dirty. Sharp kicks to the testicles and all that.

matthyaouw said:
Without thinking about this too much-
Evil would fight dirty. Sharp kicks to the testicles and all that.
How dare they?
Makes you want to bite their balls off, doesn't it?

To fight fair is to fight by someone else's rules, but I don't think that I'd take it quite that far. I'm not even close to homophobic, but really...

Danger said:
To fight fair is to fight by someone else's rules, but I don't think that I'd take it quite that far. I'm not even close to homophobic, but really...
Nor do gay men go that far. They stop at licking..

Even the S&M guys? Never mind; I'm not really sure that I want to know.

Last edited:
But if War is evil, then participating in a war is also evil, is it not? The ends cannot justify the means can they?

What's the cutoff point at which a person becomes part of the "evil" camp rather than the "good" camp? Good and evil come in degrees, after all. Every man has a bit of both in him.

arildno said:
Hint: Try and name the world leaders today most insisting upon calling others "bad guys".

Does Osama count as a world leader?

loseyourname said:
Does Osama count as a world leader?
Of course he is.
And yes, he is one of those who are excessively fond of regarding others as subhuman, and has even gone so far to call a whole nation for "Big Satan".

It seems that most wars start from fighting over who is good and who is evil.

Loren Booda said:
It seems that most wars start from fighting over who is good and who is evil.

Unfortunately war exposes it's true side, corrupting and spreading its waste across the face of humanity. War by its very nature is an evil.

I think that the "good" side will win, because that's whose side i'd be on, and i make these really awesome cookies that'd make everyone forget about some stupid war. :biggrin: o:)

Heh, but really, no one would ever win a war like that. No one fights one of those sorts of wars to win...

LENIN said:
There can't be a war betwen good an evil people. All poeple are evil.

http://myfiles.dyndns.org:8080/macros/roborally.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy said:
But if War is evil, then participating in a war is also evil, is it not? The ends cannot justify the means can they?

Is it evil to defend yourself against an invasion?

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

(I can't believe this quote didn't appear in the first 3 posts)

Define good and evil.

Is evil the "heathen" who lacks "civilization"??

Hurkyl, did you see my post?

Yep. Didn't actually follow the link though...

"We at War
We at war wit terrorism, racism but most of all we at war wit ourselves"

Last edited:
Origionally posted by matt
Is it evil to defend yourself against an invasion?

Personally i think not, but killing someone is evil no matter what way you look at it. Unless its a mercy killing which is far too complicated and difficult to go into.

Ya'll have fun. Count me out.

I took a vow of non-violence when I was 16, out of respect for Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Jesus, Buddha, and others. :smile:

Peace - Shalom - Salaam.