Trinity College Dublin: Reviews for Chemical Engineering/Chemistry

• Schools
  • Thread starter Bladibla
  • Start date
  • Tags
    College
In summary, the overall opinion of Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland is that it is a top university in Europe for scientific subjects, particularly in the field of computational physics. The campus is beautiful and the city of Dublin is not as scenic as other parts of Ireland. However, it is important to consider the financial aspect before deciding to attend Trinity. It is also a great place for graduate school, especially for physics. The opinion on the university for chemical engineering and chemistry is not known.
Bladibla
What is the overall opinion of this university?

I'm currently doing A-levels in the UK and maybe considering applying there with courses planned for most likely chemical engineering or chemistry.

Physics news on Phys.org
Bladibla said:

Hi Bladiba,
I was a student at University of Turin - Italy. After my first degree in general Physics,
one of my professor and some people in the faculty suggested continuing
my studies somewhere else. They told me that in the field of computational
Physics, Trinity College is one of best University in Europe.
Last September, one student from the University of Maynooth told me that Trinity
College is currently claimed as one of the best university in scientific subjects .

I read about the topics, covered during some courses that I already attended in Italy, and I found them more interesting than those one I had at my former university.

Bladibla said:

I'm currently doing A-levels in the UK and maybe considering applying there with courses planned for most likely chemical engineering or chemistry.

Nothing wrong with Trinity but Dublin is a very expensive city these days. Check out the financial as well as academic aspects.

The campus is beautiful, and Ireland itself is nearly as beautiful as it gets, however Dublin is not one of the more scenic parts of Ireland. Trinity would be a wonderful school to attend if it is financially feasible. You would be in fairly close proximity to a large amount of schools in Ireland and the UK where great research is happening.

Excellent place for grad school...or it used to be, last I heard.

PS: I'm talking about physics. Don't know about CE or Chemistry.

What is the reputation of Trinity College Dublin's Chemical Engineering/Chemistry program?

The Chemical Engineering/Chemistry program at Trinity College Dublin has a strong reputation both nationally and internationally. It consistently ranks highly in various university rankings, and has produced successful graduates in the field.

What is the curriculum like for Chemical Engineering/Chemistry at Trinity College Dublin?

The curriculum at Trinity College Dublin's Chemical Engineering/Chemistry program is a combination of theoretical and practical learning. Students will take courses in chemistry, engineering, math, and other related subjects. They will also have the opportunity to participate in laboratory work, research projects, and industry placements.

What are the research opportunities available for Chemical Engineering/Chemistry students at Trinity College Dublin?

Trinity College Dublin has a strong research focus, and there are many opportunities for Chemical Engineering/Chemistry students to get involved. The university has state-of-the-art research facilities and partnerships with industry, providing students with the chance to work on cutting-edge projects and gain valuable experience.

What is the student life like for Chemical Engineering/Chemistry students at Trinity College Dublin?

Trinity College Dublin has a vibrant and diverse student community, and Chemical Engineering/Chemistry students are no exception. There are numerous clubs and societies related to science and engineering, as well as social and cultural activities to get involved in. The university also has a strong support system in place for students, including academic and career counseling services.

What career opportunities are available for graduates of Trinity College Dublin's Chemical Engineering/Chemistry program?

Graduates of Trinity College Dublin's Chemical Engineering/Chemistry program have a wide range of career options available to them. They can pursue careers in industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, energy, and materials science. They can also choose to continue their education with postgraduate studies or research positions.