Conflicted Feelings: Moving On from High School

In summary, moving on from high school can be a time of conflicting emotions for many individuals. While it marks the end of a significant chapter in one's life, it also brings about the excitement and uncertainty of new beginnings. The nostalgia for the past and the fear of the future can create a sense of conflict within oneself. However, it is important to embrace these conflicting feelings and use them as motivation to grow and move forward. Whether it is pursuing higher education, starting a career, or exploring new opportunities, the process of moving on from high school is a natural and necessary part of life.
Wow, I can't believe this thread - but what the heck, here's my two cents :-p

This girl is obviously toying with you and maybe does have some kind of a little crush on you, as showed by her friend's comments that she likes you. Anyways, the point is just to be confident about yourself whether it's wrong or not. Even if you are wrong about something, be confident about it. Girls like that confidence. (ponders physicists never admitting they are wrong even after their theories are disproved!) The trick is that most girls like *******s, seriously. People on here won't tell you that, but it's especially true in high school among the "popular crowd". You'll soon realize that this class warfare in high school amounts to nothing once you are out. The whole things fades as time goes on and you are out of school. College life may be a bit of it, but most people finally mature after high school is over.

Anyways, so you can try the ******* approach. When I say this though, you can't be over the top assholish! And also, she seems to already know you so this may not work on her, and may only work in the future on other women. Like the guy who posted before said, you need to drop little hints that you are interested. Like in the AIM conversation, you should have said "You're going to make it up to me right?" or something like that. Drop hints that you you are interested in her, and this hint dropping equates to self-confidence.

You mentioned that she was trying to "put you down" in front of friends. Maybe she wasn't trying to, but just getting your attention the only way she knows how. Another physchological explanation for this is that maybe she is ashamed at herself for having a crush on you (maybe you are not hot, and she likes you - but dating you would be unacceptable in her social situation), and feels the need to put you down to appease her social "ranking". It's weird, but seems like a good start to thinking about your problem.

If it were me, from what I know about women now, I would avoid this girl even if you do have a crush on her. Dwelling on the situation will only cause you to spend more and more time thinking about it (duh!). My advice is that there are other girls in your school right? So act confident and talk to one of them outside their social structure. The "cliques" in school can be ferocious, so it is best to meet people outside of these constructs. Possibly an even better place is at a local mall (assuming you are too young for other social hangouts).

Keep your chin up dude and listen to what these people on here have to say. My advice is neither wrong nor right, because it is all relative. Think relativity...

Physics news on Phys.org
Since I am a girl, I suppose that makes me an expert. Poor, poor PrudensOptimus. You have a very good intuitive sense. You should tap into that. From your very first post you said a couple of things that piqued my interest.

1) You haven't spoken to her much b/c of academic pursuits.
2) You think she is trying to make you jealous.

The first is easily rectified...ahem, by talking to her. :surprise: No more playing games. I know you're in 9th grade or something, but if you want something you should go and get it. Not forcibly of course. I mean ask her out. Just walk up to her and say, "hey, want to go see a movie with me on friday"? worse thing she can say is no. and then you must believe in your heart that it was her loss not to go out with a great, smart guy like you. ;-) But i doubt she'll say no. It never gets any easier, so you might as well start practicing asking out girls now. Never play games, tease or such. I know, I am a girl. If you know what you want out of life, it doesn't come to you on a plate, you have to go out and get it.

Second, the first rule of fight club...oh sorry. just a sec...the first rule of young romantic interest is to make the one you're interested in jealous. she obviously likes you. unfortunately, she's playing a game. you even said yourself, "you have a weird feeling". That's your intuition, trust it. Now it's your turn to make a move. I think you have been given more than enough clues. For heaven's sake, someone told you boldfacely that she likes you! what more do you want? her served on a plate? go get her tiger. :) :wink:

nevermind...six freakin' months later! you must be fudgin' kidding me man. hopefully by now you've learned how to ask a lady out. good luck with your love life Prudens. Sounds like so much fun. :tongue2:

I shan't let this thread die! Not while I have things to tell y'all.

Okey dokey I'm interested again. Tell all.

jimmy p said:
Okey dokey I'm interested again. Tell all.

And it's good stuff, too. Not the kind of stuff I brought to you earlier.

Well, don't leave us in suspence then. Out with it man! :smile:

All right, all right. I'll give y'all the abridged version.

There's this girl in class that I've been just talking to for a while. Well, during that she would give me hugs before and after class. Well, after a while the hugs got more frequent and longer. Fast forward to last week and I was walking her to her car and just before we parted she kissed me on my cheek. I totally wasn't expecting that. The next time I saw her, I walked her to her car and I kissed her on the lips.

That's basically it, guys. Be proud of me, because I know I am. :approve:

Chrono said:
All right, all right. I'll give y'all the abridged version.

There's this girl in class that I've been just talking to for a while. Well, during that she would give me hugs before and after class. Well, after a while the hugs got more frequent and longer. Fast forward to last week and I was walking her to her car and just before we parted she kissed me on my cheek. I totally wasn't expecting that. The next time I saw her, I walked her to her car and I kissed her on the lips.

That's basically it, guys. Be proud of me, because I know I am. :approve:
This one is available? If so, I am VERY proud of you! :biggrin:

Hmmm...I see there's been some sleight of hand at work here.

Could it be the ever vigilant Evo ? :bugeye:

Evo said:
This one is available? If so, I am VERY proud of you! :biggrin:

She is available. Very much, indeed.

She is available. Very much, indeed.

Sigh, went sour that fast, eh? :devil:

Gokul43201 said:
Hmmm...I see there's been some sleight of hand at work here.

Could it be the ever vigilant Evo ? :bugeye:
Yep, I cannot tell a lie. :tongue2:

You know, when you read evo! backwards.. you get !ove.. isn't that just freaky? :bugeye:

I think that big bushy tail is where evo hides her arrows :wink:

Monique said:
You know, when you read evo! backwards.. you get !ove.. isn't that just freaky? :bugeye:

An implication of things to come?

Monique said:

I knew that she was a lovely woman. That she IS love is new to me, although it does not come as shock...

And Chrono, cheers to you. I think it is time you had some luck with a relationship. Try and make the most of it.

Evo sure is a lovely lady :approve:

Evo<---------feeling the !ove. You guys are making me blush. :blush:

Monique you're not only gorgeous, but you are brilliant and have a great personality!

Ok, group hug, me, Monique, Tsu & MIH, with Dimitri in the middle. :tongue2:

Evo said:
Evo<---------feeling the !ove. You guys are making me blush. :blush:

Monique you're not only gorgeous, but you are brilliant and have a great personality!

And we meant it! :)

:blush: *joins the group hug* :approve: :biggrin:

Lucky Dim :wink:

(( Joins hug ))

there's just so much love here.

Hurkyl said:
Sigh, went sour that fast, eh? :devil:

I meant, she's available for me.

Dimitri Terryn said:
And Chrono, cheers to you. I think it is time you had some luck with a relationship. Try and make the most of it.

Thanks a lot! I will do my best with this one.

Evo and Dimitri are the only one's congratulating me, here? I thought I built up more pity than that. :rolleyes:

You sure did. All the best Chrono !

Have a good time. Be true to yourself and her.

Gokul43201 said:
You sure did. All the best Chrono !

Have a good time. Be true to yourself and her.

Thank you!

I would congratulate you but I'm wallowing in my own self pity... ah well, I can take a little time out from that overloaded schedule... CONGRATS MAN! :biggrin: hope it works out well!

jimmy p said:
I would congratulate you but I'm wallowing in my own self pity... ah well, I can take a little time out from that overloaded schedule... CONGRATS MAN! :biggrin: hope it works out well!

Thanks, Jimmy. You were one of the people that's been with me through the other trial and errors.

Monique said:
And we meant it! :)

:blush: *joins the group hug* :approve: :biggrin:
WAIT FOR MEEEE! :biggrin: *wiggles into group hug* Ahhh...this is very nice. :smile:

Evo said:

This is a wonderful way to start your day :shy:

InDEED! :smile:

I skimmed over the past several pages, not taking time to read anything, and noticed PrudensOptimus had not posted. So tell me, has this topic actually been able to assist in any romantic pursuits, or not?

[edit]
Oh yes, just wanted to add that if all else has failed for Prudens he might want to review that thread dealing with toe licking. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
BoulderHead said:
So tell me, has this topic actually been able to assist in any romantic pursuits, or not?

They helped me out quite a bit.

BoulderHead said:
I skimmed over the past several pages, not taking time to read anything, and noticed PrudensOptimus had not posted. So tell me, has this topic actually been able to assist in any romantic pursuits, or not?

[edit]
Oh yes, just wanted to add that if all else has failed for Prudens he might want to review that thread dealing with toe licking. :rofl:
My guess is Prudens finally got himself a girl. That's why he doesn't spend much time here anymore. :surprise:

Tsunami said:
My guess is Prudens finally got himself a girl. That's why he doesn't spend much time here anymore. :surprise:
Hmm, thanks for clueing me in on that, Tsunami. It's heartwarming to hear of these successes! :devil: :biggrin:

Yes, the successess are what it's all about! I'm really glad Chrono found himself an AVAILABLE girl! :wink: :biggrin: How's it goin' with her, Chrono?

I'm guilty of not following my own advice...i found an available girl, of course she was only available after she left her boyfriend. I feel kinda bad about that...so I'm confessing.