Is this device available on the market?

• Thread starter nrqed
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Device
In summary: I would recommend the Lenovo Yoga Tablet.I want it ;(Lenovo makes some stellar tablets. I find that while writing my class notes on my x61 is fantastic, what sets it apart from the ipad is I can flip it around and use a fully functioning keyboard if I need to say, write a word document, web-search, or quickly navigate documents and folders.I would recommend the Lenovo Yoga Tablet.
nrqed
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I wonder if this is available on the market. I would like to have a ''digital notepad'' with a computer screen on which I would be writing with a digital pen (with a screen 8 1/2 '' x 11 '' in size or about). Whenever I look for a ''digital notepad'' or a ''digital tablet'' I get devices where one must write on ordinary paper and the text is digitally stored. But I want to be able to edit my text ''on the go'' i.e. erase, move or insert text as I go along. And I want to be able to scroll and read what I had written earlier. I want to be able to do that without having to connect to my computer.

Is that type of device available on the market?

Thanks in advance!

Patrick

Computer science news on Phys.org
A tablet computer?
Or an iPad

Yeah, I could do that with my Palm Tungsten TX years ago.

Ipad is the best bet

yeah,indeed.

I was doing this on my Sony Clie years (we're talking 7 years) ago. It also had the ability to convert what you wrote to typed font format.

iPads are currently the top for that sort of thing I believe.

HP have a new tablet computer with a in-built WACOM digitiser and a stylus, that's your best bet. The iPad is too restrictive.

ukgaryb said:
HP have a new tablet computer with a in-built WACOM digitiser and a stylus, that's your best bet. The iPad is too restrictive.
Before you do that run the compatibilty check. I just upgraded to 64 win 7 only to find out my HP printer won't work, no drivers. Anybody want to buy a used Photosmart 7150? :smile:

You can bluff the drivers in Windows 7, PM me if you really want help with it and I'll try and give you the way I got around the problem with mine. You never know, it may help you as well.

Claref said:
Before you do that run the compatibilty check. I just upgraded to 64 win 7 only to find out my HP printer won't work, no drivers. Anybody want to buy a used Photosmart 7150? :smile:

HP has 64-bit drivers for most of its models. I have two HP printers; one is 5 years old, the other is 9 years old, and neither worked with Windows 7 Ultimate when I upgraded last week.

They work now, because I downloaded and installed HP's 64-bit drivers for both of them.

There are now an assortment of tablets that can do this. Along with this, there are also touch-capacitive styluses on the market that work with any touchscreen. However, you will notice your diagrams/notes will be a lot messier than traditional paper.

Lenovo makes some stellar tablets. I find that while writing my class notes on my x61 is fantastic, what sets it apart from the ipad is I can flip it around and use a fully functioning keyboard if I need to say, write a word document, web-search, or quickly navigate documents and folders.

1. Is this device currently available on the market?

The answer to this question depends on the specific device in question. Some devices may be readily available on the market, while others may still be in the development or testing phase. It is important to research the specific device to determine its availability.

2. How much does this device cost?

The cost of a device can vary greatly depending on its complexity, production costs, and demand. It is best to research the device or contact the manufacturer to determine its price.

3. What features does this device have?

The features of a device can also vary greatly, so it is important to research or contact the manufacturer for a detailed list of features. Some common features may include size, power source, connectivity, and capabilities.

4. What is the warranty for this device?

The warranty for a device can vary depending on the manufacturer and the purchase agreement. It is best to research or contact the manufacturer for specific warranty information.

5. Where can I purchase this device?

The availability of a device may also depend on where it is being sold. Some devices may be available through retail stores, while others may only be available through the manufacturer's website or a specific distributor. It is best to research or contact the manufacturer for information on where to purchase the device.