Scientific Workplace symbols not appearing properly

In summary, students are required to use Scientific Workplace for their quantum homeworks, which can be accessed through their school's website. Some students are experiencing a glitch where symbols appear differently on their personal computers compared to the school computers. The software has the correct symbols, but when typing, they appear as target signs. Both students are seeking help to fix this issue.
Lavid2002
Hello everyone!

My teacher for quantum requires us to write up our homeworks using scientific workplace. We access the software through our schools website and login. I have downloaded the program and I can use it on my computer through the internet.

When I type in symbols hbar for example, comes up as a target symbol and so on and so forth.

Other students have simply adjusted to the symbols but I think there must be some kind of way to fix this glitch. The symbols appear properly on the school computers, and print properly from the school computers, but appear different on our computers.

Any help? Has anyone else experienced this?

Here is some more information.

Ymm957z.png

The software has the right symbols in it, but when I even click the hbar button shown in this photo is comes up as a target sign. Really weird.
H1SDBVi.png

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks a lot! :D

-Dave

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, I have the same problem, could you fix it?

1. Why are the scientific workplace symbols not appearing properly?

There could be several reasons why the symbols are not appearing properly. One common reason is that the font used does not support the symbols. Another reason could be that the symbols are not installed on your computer.

2. How can I fix the issue with the scientific workplace symbols?

To fix the issue, you can try installing a font that supports the symbols or updating your current font. You can also try using a different document processing software that has pre-installed scientific symbols.

3. Can the issue with the symbols be caused by a corrupt document?

Yes, a corrupt document can also cause the symbols to not appear properly. In this case, try creating a new document and see if the symbols appear correctly.

4. Do I need to have special software to view scientific workplace symbols?

No, you do not need special software to view the symbols. However, you may need to have a font that supports the symbols installed on your computer.

5. How can I prevent this issue from happening in the future?

To prevent this issue, make sure to use a document processing software that supports scientific symbols and that the font used supports the symbols. It is also a good practice to regularly update your fonts and software to avoid any compatibility issues.