Where can I find question about converting temp and pressure

• Thread starter jim1174
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pressure
In summary, there are many reliable sources for information about converting temperature and pressure including educational websites, scientific journals, textbooks, and online conversion calculators. To convert between Fahrenheit and Celsius, you can use the formula (°F - 32) x 5/9 = °C or (°C x 9/5) + 32 = °F, or refer to a conversion table. The standard unit for pressure in the International System of Units (SI) is the pascal (Pa), but other common units include atmospheres (atm), millimeters of mercury (mmHg), and pounds per square inch (psi). To convert between different units of pressure, you can use conversion factors or online calculators. Pressure
jim1174
Do you know of any good wookbooks or something that has a lot of question about converting pressure and temperature ? i am taking a process technolog class that teaches this and I would like try and memorize this stuff. I had to do some of this for a homework assignment but would like to practice more.

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Use your imagination, so you can be ready to answer anykind of questions...conversion is easy task

1. Where can I find information about converting temperature and pressure?

There are many reliable sources for information about converting temperature and pressure. Some common places to look include educational websites, scientific journals, textbooks, and online conversion calculators.

2. How can I convert between Fahrenheit and Celsius?

To convert temperature from Fahrenheit to Celsius, you can use the formula (°F - 32) x 5/9 = °C. To convert from Celsius to Fahrenheit, use the formula (°C x 9/5) + 32 = °F. Alternatively, you can use an online conversion calculator or refer to a conversion table.

3. What is the standard unit for pressure in the International System of Units (SI)?

The standard unit for pressure in the SI is the pascal (Pa). Other common units of pressure include atmospheres (atm), millimeters of mercury (mmHg), and pounds per square inch (psi).

4. How do I convert between different units of pressure?

To convert between different units of pressure, you can use conversion factors. For example, 1 atm = 101325 Pa = 760 mmHg = 14.6959 psi. You can also use online conversion calculators or refer to a conversion table.

5. Can pressure and temperature be converted simultaneously?

Yes, pressure and temperature can be converted simultaneously using the ideal gas law. This law states that pressure (P), volume (V), and temperature (T) are related by the equation PV = nRT, where n is the number of moles of gas and R is the universal gas constant. By rearranging this equation, you can solve for any of the variables and convert between different units of temperature and pressure.