What are some interesting ideas for a physics project?

In summary, the speaker is looking for ideas for a physics project that they can complete in 3 months. The project can be on any topic as long as they have access to the necessary equipment. The speaker wants to choose an interesting and engaging topic, preferably at an advanced level. They are open to suggestions for project ideas from others.
SolarEclipse
I need ideas for a physics project. The teacher said that we could do anything, so long as we can get hold of the equipment for it. I basically need to answer a question or have some kind of title which I could investigate, for example, drag forces on different shape objects, variation of surface tension with temperature. But I want to do something interesting so that I don't get bored of it half way. It's a project that will take about 3 months to complete, inclulding the experiments and write-up. Preferably to an advanced level, but not too advanced.

Thanks,
SolarEclipse

Physics news on Phys.org
Try picking up a copy of this book:

Carl

Thanks. I don't think I'm able to pick up that book so quickly. Does anyone else have any more ideas?

1. What is the purpose of Physics coursework ideas?

The purpose of Physics coursework ideas is to provide students with the opportunity to apply their knowledge of physics concepts and principles to real-world situations. It allows them to develop their problem-solving and critical thinking skills while also gaining a deeper understanding of the subject.

2. How do I come up with a good idea for my physics coursework?

One way to come up with a good idea for your physics coursework is to think about your interests and areas of curiosity within the subject. You can also consider current events or real-life problems that can be explored through a physics lens. Additionally, you can consult with your teacher or classmates for inspiration and brainstorming.

3. What are some examples of physics coursework ideas?

Some examples of physics coursework ideas include investigating the relationship between force and motion through experiments with different objects, creating a model of a simple machine and analyzing its efficiency, or exploring the physics behind renewable energy sources such as solar panels or wind turbines.

4. How do I conduct research for my physics coursework?

The best way to conduct research for your physics coursework is to start with reliable and credible sources such as scientific journals, textbooks, and reputable websites. You can also conduct experiments or simulations to gather data and information. It is important to document your sources and use proper citation methods.

5. What are the key components of a successful physics coursework?

A successful physics coursework should have a clear and well-defined research question, a thorough analysis of data and evidence, and a logical and well-supported conclusion. It should also demonstrate the application of physics principles and concepts, as well as the use of scientific methods and techniques. Proper formatting, organization, and citation should also be considered for a successful coursework.