Can I Create Posts in LyX/LaTeX Format on This Site?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter blixtra
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of creating posts in LyX/LaTeX format on the forum. It is mentioned that latex is enabled on the forums and can be formatted manually or using the editor. It is also noted that embedding equations can be done using [tex] or [itex] tags. However, there is uncertainty about the accessibility of the text to forum search and Google. It is also mentioned that producing whole posts in LaTeX would be frowned upon.
blixtra
I am brand new here. This looks like a very good site.

In the spirit of playing within the rules, and the interest of clarity, rigorousness, and hopefully to simplify usefullness of future posts, is there a way to create posts in LyX/LaTeX format (q.v. attached pdf file)?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, latex is enabled on the forums. You can either format it manually yourself using [noparse] [tex][/tex] [/noparse] tags, or you can use the editor, which is available by pressing the sigma icon in the reply window.

I've never seen anybody produce a whole post (including text) in LaTeX, but I suppose it could be done by wrapping it in [ tex] [ /tex ] tags (after removing the spaces from inside the tags). However, I don't know if the text would be accessible to the forum search function, or Google.

jtbell said:
I've never seen anybody produce a whole post (including text) in LaTeX, but I suppose it could be done by wrapping it in [ tex] [ /tex ] tags (after removing the spaces from inside the tags). However, I don't know if the text would be accessible to the forum search function, or Google.

Yeah that would be terrible waste of resources and we'd frown upon doing it.

[tex] is comparable to \[. If you want to embed equations in a paragraph, use [itex], which is comparable to $.

1. What is an administrative question?

An administrative question refers to any inquiry related to the procedures, policies, or operations of an organization or system. It can also refer to questions related to the management and coordination of tasks and resources within a group or team.

2. Who is responsible for administrative questions?

The responsibility for administrative questions typically falls on individuals or departments with authority and expertise in the specific area of inquiry. This can include administrative staff, managers, or specialized teams within an organization.

3. How are administrative questions different from other types of questions?

Administrative questions are distinct from other types of questions, such as scientific or technical questions, in that they pertain to the day-to-day functioning and logistics of an organization or system. They are often more focused on practical and operational matters rather than theoretical or specialized knowledge.

4. What are some examples of common administrative questions?

Some examples of common administrative questions include inquiries about organizational policies and procedures, requests for information related to budget and resource allocation, and questions about project or task management. They can also include questions about human resources, facilities, and other operational aspects of an organization.

5. How can administrative questions be addressed and resolved?

Administrative questions can be addressed and resolved through various means, such as consulting relevant policies and procedures, communicating with appropriate personnel, and utilizing resources and tools within an organization. Clear communication and collaboration are key in addressing and resolving administrative questions effectively.