Fetchmail 6.2.5-45 i 586 was not found on the medium

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Medium
In summary: Install software and packages that you want from the list, not the default selection. Try to install as many packages as possible from the default selection. This will help reduce the amount of time needed to install the software.faust9In summary, YaST can be used to automatically select needed packages when installing software from a FTP site.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Ok i thought i had this all set up but i can not configure my e mail
i keep getting the error,
fetchmail 6.2.5-45 i 586 was not found on the medium, do i have
to load this from cd?
once i found all the internet settings that worked ok without the
cd.
im using suse 9.1
thanks for any help.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Configure YaST to download and install software form FTP repositories. Install (or reinstall) from said FTP site. Installing via FTP is slow especially when compared to the good'ol CD installs, but you end up with up-to-date software. Go to the Suse site (the downloads section) and find a handful of FTP locations close to you. You can have Yast install from the 9.1 tree or the current tree. I'd say use the current tree because the software is usually more up to date.

Good luck.

faust9
thanks for info, i have searched for a site to download from
but none seem to support suse 9.1 i586 version, very few
even show 9.1 in listings, any ideas where i can find a site?
thanks

Here's the mirror list:
http://www.suse.com/us/private/download/ftp/int_mirrors.html

Here's one of the UK FTP's:
ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/current[/URL]

If you look but don't find a specific 586 branch then go through the 386 branch. Suse uses the generic i386 label though the software you get will be compiled for 486 at a minimum. Suse might be optimized for pentiums(?) not to sure though. I use Gentoo, and the last time I played with Suse was about a year ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
faust9t
oh my, to instal package 6.2.5-45 i have to install," python tk",
and then another conflict, i have to install-----------
thanks for the url at least i have part of the problem solved

YaST has an option to automatically select needed packages. Don't install directly from the FTP use YaST software update. Yast will find all missing packages and rectify the situation.

1. What is Fetchmail 6.2.5-45 i 586?

Fetchmail 6.2.5-45 i 586 is a computer program used for retrieving emails from a remote server and delivering them to a local mailbox. It is commonly used with Unix-like operating systems.

2. Why am I getting the error message "Fetchmail 6.2.5-45 i 586 was not found on the medium"?

This error message typically occurs when the Fetchmail program is not installed on your computer or the version you are trying to use is not compatible with your system.

3. How can I resolve this error and install Fetchmail 6.2.5-45 i 586?

To resolve this error, you will need to download and install the Fetchmail program from a trusted source. Make sure to check the system requirements and compatibility before installing.

4. Are there any alternatives to Fetchmail 6.2.5-45 i 586?

Yes, there are several alternatives to Fetchmail, such as getmail, mpop, and fetchpop. These programs offer similar functionalities and can be used as substitutes if Fetchmail is not available or compatible with your system.

5. Can I use Fetchmail 6.2.5-45 i 586 on any operating system?

No, Fetchmail is primarily designed for Unix-like operating systems, such as Linux, FreeBSD, and macOS. It may not be compatible with other operating systems such as Windows or Chrome OS.