Michio Kaku - the Jimmy Page of physics

In summary: He tries to hide his lack of knowledge by talking a lot.Michio Kaku is an incredibly talented and intelligent physicist, often referred to as the "Jimmy Page of physics" for his influence and versatility in the field. His charisma and ability to bring complex scientific concepts to the lay public have earned him the title of heir apparent to Carl Sagan. While some may criticize his self-promotion, Kaku's expertise and contributions to physics cannot be denied.
jhooper3581
Michio Kaku - the Jimmy Page of physics.

Anyone get the joke? :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Page has been described as "unquestionably one of the all-time most influential, important, and versatile guitarists and songwriters in rock history

Kaku as the unquentionably all time most influential, important, and versatile physicists and mathematician in science history ?

i-dont-think-so.jpg

I ****ing hate him if he was not asian.

Monocerotis said:
Page has been described as "unquestionably one of the all-time most influential, important, and versatile guitarists and songwriters in rock history

Kaku as the unquentionably all time most influential, important, and versatile physicists and mathematician in science history ?

i-dont-think-so.jpg

Obviously, you did not get the joke.

jhooper3581 said:

I get it.

"the day the physics died" or some such

Monocerotis said:

i-dont-think-so.jpg

I question the description.

Joke fail...

Quincy said:
Joke fail...

Mine or jhooper3581 ?

Because the picture I posted always makes me laugh.

Something to do with this?
http://angelinafauxlie.wordpress.com/2008/08/25/jimmy-page-and-michio-kaku-the-same-person/"

Last edited by a moderator:
Monocerotis said:
Mine or jhooper3581 ?

Because the picture I posted always makes me laugh.

jhooper3581's

jhooper3581 said:

The two look very much alike now days. Soemone sent me the pictures of the two of them just the other day and it was quite funny. So, I thought the joke was the physical resemblance.

Evo said:
The two look very much alike now days. Soemone sent me the pictures of the two of them just the other day and it was quite funny. So, I thought the joke was the physical resemblance.

Ah...if it took 11 posts to explain, I have to agree...joke fail.

Weird how they look so much alike, though.

I don't see the resemblance you're all talking about, other than they both have longish gray hair in an outdated style.

Damn, I can't find the picture of Kaku I was sent the other night.

I'll have to find it. I didn't believe that they looked so much alike either, but this was too funny.

Moonbear said:
I don't see the resemblance you're all talking about, other than they both have longish gray hair in an outdated style.

Try these two shots:

14w60hs.jpg

2r6eljn.jpg

lisab said:
Try these two shots:

14w60hs.jpg

2r6eljn.jpg
LOL. Separated at birth?

Yeah, I will admit the joke pretty much failed. But, they now both look really alike! And they're both geniuses!

jhooper3581 said:
Yeah, I will admit the joke pretty much failed. But, they now both look really alike! And they're both geniuses!

Is Michio Kaku considered a genius in the Physics world? I have watched a few interviews of him in youtube. I felt was he is more into self promoting.

jobyts said:
Is Michio Kaku considered a genius in the Physics world? I have watched a few interviews of him in youtube. I felt was he is more into self promoting.

I thought that was the analogy to Jimmy Page.

14w60hs.jpg

I have just lost something, Zeppellins will never sound the same :grumpy:

Michio Kaku should be considered a genius physicist. He is even smarter than most of physicists out there today.

Not sure if he is smarter than others, but he does possesses great charisma and does well to inspire people.

Kaku is often referred to as the heir apparent to Carl Sagan, in terms inspiring and bringing science to the lay public.

Never heard of him.

Michio Kaku sounds crazy whenever I hear him talk. He talks mumbo jumbo all the time.

1. Who is Michio Kaku?

Michio Kaku is a renowned American theoretical physicist, futurist, and popularizer of science. He is also a professor of theoretical physics at the City College of New York and a co-founder of the String Field Theory.

2. What is Michio Kaku known for?

Michio Kaku is known for his work on the String Field Theory, which is a theoretical framework that aims to unify all the known forces of the universe. He is also known for his popular science books, TV shows, and public lectures that make complex scientific concepts accessible to the general public.

3. What is the "Jimmy Page of physics" analogy referring to?

The "Jimmy Page of physics" analogy is often used to describe Michio Kaku's ability to make complex scientific concepts and theories accessible and interesting to a wider audience, just like how Jimmy Page's guitar skills and stage presence captivated audiences.

4. What are some of Michio Kaku's most famous books?

Some of Michio Kaku's most famous books include "Hyperspace: A Scientific Odyssey Through Parallel Universes, Time Warps, and the 10th Dimension," "Physics of the Future: How Science Will Shape Human Destiny and Our Daily Lives by the Year 2100," and "The Future of Humanity: Terraforming Mars, Interstellar Travel, Immortality, and Our Destiny Beyond Earth."

5. How has Michio Kaku contributed to the field of physics?

Michio Kaku's contributions to the field of physics include his work on the String Field Theory, which has helped bridge the gap between quantum mechanics and general relativity. He has also made significant contributions to the study of supersymmetry, supergravity, and hadronic physics. Additionally, his popularization of science has helped generate public interest and support for scientific research and advancements.