If she does this and that does it mean

• Thread starter tauon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mean
In summary: Why don't you kiss her next time when you take her home, see what's happening , and take it from there? why didn't you touched her arm back when she rested her's against yours ?If you like something, try to get it. Dont get your thoughts caught in a knot.She likes you. No question. But if she doesn't like you back, dont take it personally. You two are probably just too different for each other.
tauon
...she likes me?

If she stared a little into my eyes and I in hers does that mean she likes me a bit or do some girls just enjoy looking at someone`s eyes?

if she smiled when I said something funny does that mean she likes me, or just that she enjoys a nice joke?

if she put her arm around my neck a couple of times does that mean she likes me or are some girls just a little more comfortable with physical contact? If when we left the caffe (not alone) she put her arm around mine for a little while does that mean she likes me or just that it was a little cold outside ?

can I really know the answers to these questions (without asking directly) or I am going to ride the confuzzlement train for a little while more?

how do you tell if someone likes you? can you even tell?

Physics news on Phys.org
may like you or just considers a good friend...you can tell by the look in her eyes.

tauon said:
...she likes me?

If she stared a little into my eyes and I in hers does that mean she likes me a bit or do some girls just enjoy looking at someone`s eyes?

if she smiled when I said something funny does that mean she likes me, or just that she enjoys a nice joke?

if she put her arm around my neck a couple of times does that mean she likes me or are some girls just a little more comfortable with physical contact? If when we left the caffe (not alone) she put her arm around mine for a little while does that mean she likes me or just that it was a little cold outside ?

can I really know the answers to these questions (without asking directly) or I am going to ride the confuzzlement train for a little while more?

Why don't you kiss her next time when you take her home, see what's happening , and take it from there? why didn't you touched her arm back when she rested her's against yours ? Those questions are easily answered. Don't worry, if its not her, there will be another one :P Its the only advice I can give you. If you like something, try to get it. Dont get your thoughts caught in a knot.

She likes you. No question.

Plus, you have to approach any situation with a girl that you like with the mindset that she's into you. It could be some form of confidence, I'm not sure how to describe it. But let's say you have an intimidating project at work or in school, if you approach it optimistically and with an attitude of success then you are more likely to achieve success.

Was your joke funny?

supratim1 said:
may like you or just considers a good friend...you can tell by the look in her eyes.

that`s the thing... I can`t tell... I`m thinking that maybe it`s just me wanting her to like me, so I`m kinda... just seeing things... >_<

tauon said:
that`s the thing... I can`t tell... I`m thinking that maybe it`s just me wanting her to like me, so I`m kinda... just seeing things... >_<

TRY
. Kiss her. Dont think and rethink till the end of time. Your questions will be answered. You can then take it from there.

tauon said:
...she likes me?

Unless you two are life-long friends who grew up together and are therefore entirely comfortable with each other in, say, a way that resembles siblings, it would appear, from what you're telling us here, that she's into you. Women do tend to give physical signals that they're interested in someone. Looking directly into your eyes, touching you, even just touching your arm, while talking or laughing, putting her arm around you. Yep, that (and this is a generalisation but more often accurate than not) means she's sending you cues that, yes, she's comfortable with you, and likes you, and the physical boundaries between you are diminished as far as she's concerned.

I hope you like her too.

dacruick said:
She likes you. No question.

Plus, you have to approach any situation with a girl that you like with the mindset that she's into you. It could be some form of confidence, I'm not sure how to describe it. But let's say you have an intimidating project at work or in school, if you approach it optimistically and with an attitude of success then you are more likely to achieve success.

Was your joke funny?

man, my stomach is doing funny things to me... thanks for the advice. I`ll try to put it in practice...ermmm, nope - I WILL do it... I hope. ><

I`m not sure if it was funny...tbh

DanP said:
Why don't you kiss her next time when you take her home, see what's happening , and take it from there? why didn't you touched her arm back when she rested her's against yours ? Those questions are easily answered. Don't worry, if its not her, there will be another one :P Its the only advice I can give you. If you like something, try to get it.

Dont get your thoughts caught in a knot.

woah... kiss her next time? just like that? o.0
eeekkk, how to pull out a "next time" now... : |

thx.

GeorginaS said:
Unless you two are life-long friends who grew up together and are therefore entirely comfortable with each other in, say, a way that resembles siblings, it would appear, from what you're telling us here, that she's into you. Women do tend to give physical signals that they're interested in someone. Looking directly into your eyes, touching you, even just touching your arm, while talking or laughing, putting her arm around you. Yep, that (and this is a generalisation but more often accurate than not) means she's sending you cues that, yes, she's comfortable with you, and likes you, and the physical boundaries between you are diminished as far as she's concerned.

I hope you like her too.

I kinda do... that`s why I`m fretting about it... thing is, 2 weeks past since then because, an idiot as I am... arghhh, nvm... does time "cool" things down or do I still have a shot... :S

tauon said:
woah... kiss her next time? just like that? o.0
eeekkk, how to pull out a "next time" now... : |

thx.

Just like that, yeah, but pay attention to the social context a bit, and choose an appropriate moment to do it.

tauon said:
I kinda do... that`s why I`m fretting about it... thing is, 2 weeks past since then because, an idiot as I am... arghhh, nvm... does time "cool" things down or do I still have a shot... :S
I'd listen to Georgina.

You don't normally see each other? Contact her. She sounded like she liked you. Two weeks, it's hard to say what her reaction might be if she was expecting a call the next day.

Last edited:
Ugh, guys make such a big deal out of the casual parts of dating. I can totally understand why women are so attracted to dominant guys (not entirely unlike you-know-... well, whatever)!

Please don't take this as such an awful thing, I'm trying to be very very very careful in my wording. But: "STOP BEING A kitty." There are a hundred million things you could do; when you're with a girl and affection starts to show... it's a ladder. You keep climbing each rung (one at a time). If you stop climbing you just fall off.

She touches your hand.
You put your hand on her's.
She smiles.
You pretend like you're looking for something and get distracted.
She says: "What are you looking for?"
You reply: "A kiss on the cheek."

There. Game over.

Girls like it when you give them explicit permission to be affectionate. There are a million billion ways to take it from there (you could even act surprised and say: "woah, I had no idea how you felt!" Then tell her you're joking and laugh at the resulting awkward situation). Dating gets way way way more complicated that the first few opening moves, man.

EDIT: You know what... here are a few more "early game" tips.

1) Tell her to look at something away from you two, and sneak a kiss on her cheek. Be quick. Then look at the ground and say: "Well, did you see it?"
2) Put you hand on the small of her back when you two are walking through a door or when you're being led to your table at a restaurant. It will give her the unconscious impression that you are leading her even when she's in front of you.
3) When you call up to ask for a date, don't dick around for 20 minutes. Say something like: "Hey, xxxx, my brain's been pretty broken lately and all I can think about it you. Is there any chance I can take you to dinner? Maybe that would fix it." And then don't yammer on. Just let her answer.
4) Or, when you call for a date, say something like: "Hmm, I really think you should let me take you out sometime." All girls reply with: "Oh, really?" (or something similar)
5) When you're with her again and if you do something stupid just tell her that you get really nervous around pretty girls (that one has NEVER back fired).

Last edited:
Evo said:
Two weeks, it's hard to say whet her reaction might be if she was expecting a call the next day.

Yeah, don't try to make up a lame excuse either, make up a totally fake one if she asks.

Her: "Why didn't you call sooner?"
You: "Uh... dinosaurs. Yeah... you know, from outer space... the, um... dinosaurs--"
Her: "What the hell are you talking about?"
You: "I dunno, I get really nervous when I talk to pretty girls."

FlexGunship said:
She touches your hand.

That's the problem, some guys freeze here and forget that they have hands :P It;s like, they are waiting for a written permission to touch a women, no matter she touched them just seconds ago :P

Then they come on forums, and ask "Does she likes me"? I guess is not funny to think 2 weeks at this while ding nothing, not call her, not taking her out, whatever trying anything is better than wasting time.

DanP said:
That's the problem, some guys freeze here and forget that they have hands :P It;s like, they are waiting for a written permission to touch a women, no matter she touched them just seconds ago :P

It's actually surprising she made the first move. I'm used to driving the bus when it comes to girls...

...except when they're windmill-jousting insane!

:confused:

I thought looking into someone's eyes when you talk to them is just what you do, no matter who it is. Where should I be looking?

Dembadon said:
:confused:

I thought looking into someone's eyes when you talk to them is just what you do, no matter who it is. Where should I be looking?

If it's a girl, you have options, my friend. Glorious... glorious options.

If it's a man, then... I dunno... the floor is pretty good for lookin' at.

:) sounds to me like she likes you tauron! when I was really into this guy, at the beginning, we didnt know each other really well, I used to stare at his eyes! like staring! and if she takes photos of you or tries to get into photos with you, that's a good sign as well. Once when it was just me and him walking, I put my arm through his, yeah cos I wanted to! that's what you do when you like someone. Unless she's one of those really touchy-feely girls who touch everyone that way, then you can be pretty sure she likes you.
you should ask her out on a date, something casual, like cafe or movie or park or play tennis together. just hang out together, get talking and see how things go.

nucleargirl said:
Unless she's one of those really touchy-feely girls who touch everyone that way

Uhh... one of which touchy-feely girls?? :uhh:

FlexGunship said:
Uhh... one of which touchy-feely girls?? :uhh:

you know! those girls who hug everyone, and touch everyone, and think nothing of it. and flirts with everyone too... you know, those kind of girls!

FlexGunship said:
She touches your hand.
She smiles.
You pretend like you're looking for something and get distracted.
She says: "What are you looking for?"
You reply: "A kiss on the cheek."

There. Game over.

1) Tell her to look at something away from you two, and sneak a kiss on her cheek. Be quick. Then look at the ground and say: "Well, did you see it?"
2) Put you hand on the small of her back when you two are walking through a door or when you're being led to your table at a restaurant. It will give her the unconscious impression that you are leading her even when she's in front of you.
3) When you call up to ask for a date, don't dick around for 20 minutes. Say something like: "Hey, xxxx, my brain's been pretty broken lately and all I can think about it you. Is there any chance I can take you to dinner? Maybe that would fix it." And then don't yammer on. Just let her answer.
4) Or, when you call for a date, say something like: "Hmm, I really think you should let me take you out sometime." All girls reply with: "Oh, really?" (or something similar)
5) When you're with her again and if you do something stupid just tell her that you get really nervous around pretty girls (that one has NEVER back fired).

FlexGunship said:
Yeah, don't try to make up a lame excuse either, make up a totally fake one if she asks.

You: "Uh... dinosaurs. Yeah... you know, from outer space... the, um... dinosaurs--"

I'm impressed. I'm not being sarcastic, either. Very smooth. If you pulled most of that on me, I'd laugh and likely tell you you were pretty full of it, but you'd have charmed me.

And yes, that hand at the small of her back thing, totally great. *nod*

GeorginaS said:
I'm impressed. I'm not being sarcastic, either. Very smooth. If you pulled most of that on me, I'd laugh and likely tell you you were pretty full of it, but you'd have charmed me.

I agree. Flex has got it going on!

great going, Flex...

second date in the works. thanks for the tips guys and gurlz. :]

FlexGunship said:

k, sense of humor I got it (and I was apparently doing it without noticing myself... heh, I like being distracted - not so self-conscious anymore during those times).

anyway, my forum adventure ends here. thanks again for them advices and tips everywun. :P

good luck!

GeorginaS said:

lisab said:
I agree. Flex has got it going on!

Aww, shucks, ladies... you've got me all flustered now. If there's one thing harder than impressing a sweet girl its living up to that expectation after you've impressed her! That's a lot of pressure for this simple y-chromosome-toting lunkhead! (Grr, you ladies get all the best genetic material!)

Uh... oh crap... <looks around on the floor of the forum> Hmm, shoot... I hope I didn't... <lefts left foot up, looks under it>

Last edited:
tauon said:
...she likes me?

I they do I don't think they do for just anyone, that's the point.

It is hard to do normally so is deliberate - except if she was at the same time saying something and wanted to emphasise and make sure you had understood it it is at least a challenge and a sign that making a step forward would be not unwelcome.

supratim1 said:
good luck!

Luck has nothing to do with it :P

tauon said:
...she likes me?

If she looks into your eyes, that's an invitation for you to say ''hi''. Who knows if she likes you, but she wants to at least find out.

If she smiles when you say something, you made her happy. If you make her happy only once, that's one thing, if she always smiles around you, that means she likes being around you.

If she puts her arm around your neck and links arms with you, KISS HER ALREADY.

If a girl is initiating all sorts of physical contact with you that she isn't initiating with other people, you can kiss her. Or you should at least try.

dacruick said:
Was your joke funny?

tauon said:
I`m not sure if it was funny...tbh

Oh, please! You're a nerd that posts on Physics Forum for relationship advice. Of course your joke wasn't funny.

If she laughed, she definitely likes you!

Or she's a nerd, too, which would be even cooler!

1. If she does this and that, does it mean she likes me?

It's hard to say for sure without more context. People's actions can have multiple meanings and it's important to communicate directly with someone to understand their intentions.

2. If she does this and that, does it mean she's not interested?

Again, it's difficult to determine without more information. It's possible that her actions could indicate disinterest, but it's also possible that she's just busy or not in the right headspace to engage with you at the moment. It's best to communicate openly and honestly with her to clarify any confusion.

3. If she does this and that, does it mean she's playing games?

It's possible, but it's important not to jump to conclusions. Some people may use certain behaviors as a way to manipulate or control a situation, but it's also possible that she's just unsure of her feelings or trying to figure things out. Again, the best way to understand her intentions is to communicate directly.

4. If she does this and that, does it mean she wants a relationship?

It's impossible to determine based on actions alone. Wanting a relationship involves more than just certain behaviors, it also involves mutual feelings and communication. It's important to have an open and honest conversation with her about what you both want from the relationship.

5. If she does this and that, does it mean she's leading me on?

It's possible, but it's important to remember that people's feelings and intentions can change. She may have initially been interested, but her feelings may have changed over time. It's important to communicate and reassess the situation to avoid feeling led on or hurt.