What resources does NIU offer for mathematics?

• Thread starter fourier jr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Resources
In summary, Northern Illinois University offers a variety of resources for students studying mathematics. These include tutoring services, study groups, workshops, and online resources such as practice problems and video tutorials. The university also has a Math Assistance Center where students can receive one-on-one help from professors and graduate students. Additionally, students can join math-related clubs and organizations to further enhance their skills and network with others in the field. Overall, NIU provides a range of resources to support students in their mathematics education.
fourier jr
not as detailed/advanced as Mathworld, but there's still some good stuff on there:
http://www.math.niu.edu/~rusin/known-math/index/mathmap.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Yet another site with good information packaged in an ugly fashion

dave rusin is a mathwiz! his posts at rec.puzzles could leave anyone open mouthed ... ! Also check rec.puzzles for many problems in math that u may like to cherish!

-- AI

I remember this site. I came across it when I was in one of my frequent math moods while online. And, you're right, Tom, it is quite an ugly site. I was only there for a few seconds.

What are some good math resources available at NIU?

Some good math resources available at NIU include the Math Assistance Center, where students can receive free tutoring and assistance with their math coursework. The university also has a Math Lab, which provides additional support for students struggling with math concepts. Additionally, NIU offers a variety of math courses and workshops to help students improve their math skills.

Are there any online math resources available at NIU?

Yes, NIU offers several online math resources such as the Math Assistance Center's virtual tutoring services, online math workshops, and online practice exams. The university also has a vast collection of digital math textbooks and resources available for students to access through the library's website.

Can I access math resources at NIU even if I am not a math major?

Yes, all students at NIU have access to the math resources provided by the university. Whether you are a math major or taking a math course as part of your general education requirements, you can utilize the Math Assistance Center, Math Lab, and other math resources offered by NIU.

What are the benefits of utilizing math resources at NIU?

Utilizing math resources at NIU can help students improve their understanding of math concepts, increase their confidence in their math abilities, and ultimately perform better in their math courses. The resources also provide a supportive environment for students to ask questions and receive personalized assistance with their coursework.

Are there any fees associated with using math resources at NIU?

No, all math resources provided by NIU are free for students to use. This includes the Math Assistance Center, Math Lab, online resources, and workshops. These resources are funded by the university to support students in their academic success.