Cute Story: Spoiling an Ex-Girlfriend at the Mall

• Thread starter FlexGunship
  • Start date
In summary: She opened the bag and was so disappointed. But she knew that I would never have done that if I didn't really love her. And she said: "Thanks, this means a lot to me."
FlexGunship
Gold Member
I have a story about something I did for one of my ex-girlfriends. She was raised without getting any real material possessions (for lots of reasons). But she loved to fantasize about getting nice things; she would try on shoes she couldn't afford, look at coats she would never own, pick out houses, cars, and boats...

So, I took her to the mall (she liked to look at the puppies at the pet store... well, we both did, but I pretended I didn't). She used to hold onto my arm as we walked. Well, this one time she started tugging on it... just enough to change my direction. I looked down at her and she said: "we should go over here." She led me into Journey's... some shoe store or something.

She was shopping around, and pointed out a pair of sunglasses, saying: "I used to have a pair just like those, but my last boyfriend thought they were stupid and wouldn't let me wear them when I was with him."

Taking my OBVIOUS cue, I told the girl that worked there to take them out so she could try them on. They were $12. She struck some poses and asked me what I thought. They were really cute on her and I told her so. Then she said, "well, I can't afford $12 for a pair of sunglasses, but thanks for letting me try them on." She put them down and found a pair of boots she liked.

"Aren't these wicked cute?" she asked. Frankly, I thought they were super ugly. They were knitted boots with "sherpa" patterns on them and they buttoned up on the side. But I told her to try them on... there's no point in falling in love with boots if they don't even feel good. She tried them on, and I told her to leave room for her comfy socks (I bought her some fuzzy socks because her feet get cold and she loved those socks). She picked out a size, and they fit well. I smiled at her as she wore them. She knew that I would sometimes spoil her, and she was unemployed and had not money. I would spoil her a little because it made ME feel good to see her so excited. And she said: "Please don't buy these for me."

I turned to the girl at the register and said: "Crazy girl thinks I'll just buy her whatever she wants!" I asked how much the boots were and said: "What?! For boots? That's ridiculous. Forget it. We'll take the sunglasses though."

She tried to stop me, but she was also super excited and actually wore them through the mall for a while. It was adorable to see how excited she was. We left the store, and decided to go to the pet store. She picks out the cutest puppy and I try to guess which one it is. So, I told her to go get a head start and that I was going to run to the bathroom really quickly. She said okay, and was on her way.

I ran back to Journey's, bought the boots and paid for them. As the transaction was going through I ran to Abercrombie (yuck) to see if they would give me a bag (to fake her out). But they wouldn't. Then the "Alpaca boot store" didn't have anything big enough. Finally, I took the boots and started walking towards the pet store with an obvious bag. I went into store after store saying: "Look, I know this is weird, but I just bought my girlfriend a gift and she's here at the mall with me. I need a bag to put it into fake her out."

Finally, a girl at "The Limited" said she could help me. Gave me a nice bag, and covered it with tissue paper. I sprinted to the pet store, bag in hand, and met my girl. She asked, but I just ignored the whole thing and we played "guess the puppy." After I got it wrong three times in a row we played with the boxer for a while.

As we were leaving and getting into the car, I confessed... I said: "Baby, I'm so sorry, I know you think there's something for you in that bag. I feel awful. It's just a couple of shirts I saw on sale in the window. I bought them without even thinking. I hope you're not disappointed."

She said: "That was the secret? You thought I'd be disappointed? Even after you bought me these sunglasses? You're crazy! You worry about the dumbest things, sometimes. I know you can't afford to just buy me stuff all the time, and I don't expect it! Can I at least seem them now?" And I said: "Sure."

I'll never forget the look on her face when you pulled off the tissue paper and realized what was in there.(Punchline? "The Limited" is a women's-only store. Didn't know that. Apparently, she didn't either, so it worked out.)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Okay the short version.

Met millionaire.

Started dating millionaire,

Millionaire has restraining order against his ex girlfriend from a month before he met me. I know of her, she's a world famous golddigger. All Americans know her ex husband, he's a household word.

Millionaire stages his own disappearance. I don't bite. He's confused, he thought I'd go crazy.

I dump whacko millionaire.

His ex girlfriend marries a rich guy, bashes his head in with a 2 x 4 and is now in prison for murder.

Millionaire keeps calling me to talk about dating another gorgeous psycho flake that urinates when she has an orgasm.

I stop answering his calls.

There was a girl that I never found.

Another valentine is coming and I am still single.

Met a girl and asked her for a date. When I picked her up, I even remembered to open the car door for her. Unfortunately it fell off. But she still went on the date with me.

But, then... came the killer question, "Why does your car get shorter when you put on the brakes and longer when you step on the gas?" There's no way I could keep on dating someone with so little understanding of basic phsyics.

So I dumped her by calling her only when she was unable to answer the phone, even allowing for the 10 ring rule. After doing this for two weeks straight, I figured she got the message and I stopped calling her.

This is my cute2 story:

cute_story.jpg

Borek said:
This is my cute2 story:

cute_story.jpg
Awww, adorable, you're a lucky man borek.

Borek said:
This is my cute2 story:

cute_story.jpg

I believe that's your mom not your wife? Then your mom is as good looking as your wife :smile:

My Mom was a cute story of my Dad. This is Marzena, most likely in July of 1985.

Photo of: one cuddly panda "teddy" bear wearing a sheepskin winter hat, holding three wooden red roses individually wrapped in cellophane, while sitting beside a medium-sized cup of coffee from a 7-11 store that says "cup with a cause" on it.

EnumaElish said:
Photo of: one cuddly panda "teddy" bear wearing a sheepskin winter hat, holding three wooden red roses individually wrapped in cellophane, while sitting beside a medium-sized cup of coffee from a 7-11 store that says "cup with a cause" on it.
Aww, that sounds cute!

Evo said:
Okay the short version.

Met millionaire.

Millionaire has restraining order against his ex girlfriend from a month before he met me. I know of her, she's a world famous golddigger. All Americans know her ex husband, he's a household word.

Millionaire stages his own disappearance. I don't bite. He's confused, he thought I'd go crazy.

His ex girlfriend marries a rich guy, bashes his head in with a 2 x 4 and is now in prison for murder.

Millionaire keeps calling me to talk about dating another gorgeous psycho flake that urinates when she has an orgasm.

:bugeye: Seems more like a nightmare!

rootX said:
I believe that's your mom not your wife? Then your mom is as good looking as your wife :smile:

cute_story_2.jpg

Cute story earlier version. No doubt these are sixties.

Black thing behind my Mom's right hand is a suitcase gramophone.

Evo said:
Okay the short version.

Met millionaire.

Adorable. You know interesting people. Do you also know Mel and Oksana ?

Met a nerdy little girl on the bus when I was in 6th grade. Big glasses, braces, pony tail. She asked me my phone number.

I said "1-900-909-DAVE" which I thought was funny. I was afraid to give her my number. We did promise that if we weren't married by the time we were in our 30s (to somebody else) we'd marry each other. Mostly I ignore her though. She's a grade ahead of me so I don't see her my last year of middle school.

A year later I run into the same girl in high school, who looks different, really different. Hot different. I don't recognize her as the girl from the bus. She promptly ignores me for about a year. Fair enough.

We become friends again and hang out for a few years. We are like Kevin and Winnie Cooper from the wonder years.

We lose touch for 15 years.

She looks me up, finds me online. We remember our promise.

We got married in August of last year.

-Dave KA

dkotschessaa said:
Met a nerdy little girl on the bus when I was in 6th grade. Big glasses, braces, pony tail. She asked me my phone number.

I said "1-900-909-DAVE" which I thought was funny. I was afraid to give her my number. We did promise that if we weren't married by the time we were in our 30s (to somebody else) we'd marry each other. Mostly I ignore her though. She's a grade ahead of me so I don't see her my last year of middle school.

A year later I run into the same girl in high school, who looks different, really different. Hot different. I don't recognize her as the girl from the bus. She promptly ignores me for about a year. Fair enough.

We become friends again and hang out for a few years. We are like Kevin and Winnie Cooper from the wonder years.

-Dave KA

Oh, what a sweet story!

dkotschessaa said:

-Dave KA

It's the best story I have ever heard in this world :biggrin:

Thanks. We love telling it. We have slightly different versions. :)

dkotschessaa said:

-Dave KA
Now I know fairy tale endings happen in real-life too! Best wishes to both of you :smile:

I'll share my engagement story.

Preface- We went to high school together. We didn't officially meet until a few months before graduation and we started dating about a week before graduation (May 2001). Our first date was to see A Knight's Tale.

I proposed in August 2007, so we'd almost been dating 6.5 years. I found a movie theater that would allow me to rent for a movie showing (they wanted huge money, but I told them what it was for and only a few people, so they came down significantly). Before the showing, I snuck into the theater during another movie, got down on one knee in a tux, and took a pic.

In preperation for all this I printed up a fake raffle prize flyer that stated her dad had won 20 tickets for free movie showing to this theater (they also serve dinner/drinks). I also made a picture slideshow to use as a movie preview. It started with a pic of me outside the ring store looking at it, then a few pics of me picking out rings, then the picture of me on my knee in the tux with the words "Will you marry me?" below it. Then I made a slideshow of a ton of pictures of us together over the years.

Actual proposal- Obviously invited her family and mine, along with a few close friends. I got the theater to play the normal previews and didn't act any different than normal, so whatever she suspected, it diminished. After the previews, it swapped to the proposal slideshow. She knew what was up after the first picture, but was quite shocked. I waited until the "Will you marry me?" picture, then got down on one knee and proposed.

After it ran through the slide show of all our pics together, we watched A Knight's Tale (our first date) on the big screen, while eating dinner.

Fantastic! That was a real production you put on there. I assume the answer was 'yes,' but I would have loved to see the reaction.

I'm a sucker for proposal stories and not afraid to admit it either.

-DaveKA

Reshma said:
Now I know fairy tale endings happen in real-life too! Best wishes to both of you :smile:

Thank you. We know it's pretty rare. We have no plans to stop acting like silly newleyweds anytime in the next 30 years.

Aww the story posted here are so cute! Mine pale in comparison, but I'll share it anyway. I was in TN for an internship a couple of years back. There was this guy who I chatted with almost every day. (What can I say, mine work wasn't that interesting and his work has a lot of wait time.) One day, we got to talk about our childhood toys and I told him how I always wanted a yoyo as a kid, but I was too poor to afford one. When I did get one, I didn't know how to play it. So a few days later, he told me he got a present. And it was a yoyo. Also taught me how to play it =) I just thought it was sweet because he remembered what I said and actually got it. None of the guy I met has been that considerate.

1. What is the concept of "Cute Story: Spoiling an Ex-Girlfriend at the Mall"?

The concept of "Cute Story: Spoiling an Ex-Girlfriend at the Mall" is a fictional story where the main character, who is the ex-boyfriend, decides to spoil his ex-girlfriend by taking her on a shopping spree at the mall. The story explores themes of love, forgiveness, and second chances.

2. How does the story unfold?

The story begins with the ex-girlfriend unexpectedly bumping into her ex-boyfriend at the mall. The ex-boyfriend, who still has feelings for her, decides to surprise her by treating her to a shopping spree. As they shop, they reminisce about their past relationship and the ex-boyfriend apologizes for his mistakes. The story ends with the ex-girlfriend forgiving him and the two of them rekindling their love.

3. What is the message of the story?

The message of the story is that love and forgiveness can conquer all. It shows that even after a breakup, there is still a chance for a second beginning if both parties are willing to communicate and forgive each other.

4. Is the story based on real events?

No, the story is fictional and not based on real events. It is meant to be a heartwarming and relatable story that explores the complexities of relationships and the power of forgiveness.

5. What can be learned from the story?

The story teaches us the importance of communication, forgiveness, and second chances in relationships. It also shows the value of putting effort and thought into making someone feel special and loved. Ultimately, the story reminds us that love knows no boundaries and can overcome even the toughest of challenges.