Artificially Creating Clouds

• Thread starter Kalrag
  • Start date
In summary: I'd like to see some data to back this up.They are claiming "after installation of magnetic generators, desert turned into a blooming garden.", yet for this to work you have to install irrigation - of course it's going to turn into a successful garden if you install irrigation, clouds or not. Not to mention the fact they want you to spread propoganda.5 years with a good irrigation system will give you good agriculture, no need for this mumbo jumbo.
Kalrag
Lately I have been getting into meteorology and things alike. I have heard of people controlling the weather. So, what are some methods of creating clouds? List as many methods as you can.

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Kalrag said:
Lately I have been getting into meteorology and things alike. I have heard of people controlling the weather. So, what are some methods of creating clouds? List as many methods as you can.

I recently had a conversation which ended abruptly when I was informed the US wanted to get to the moon first to control the weather. :uhh:

On a brighter note, look up "cloud seeding". I don't know much about it, but I've heard it's been done.

jarednjames said:
I recently had a conversation which ended abruptly when I was informed the US wanted to get to the moon first to control the weather. :uhh:

On a brighter note, look up "cloud seeding". I don't know much about it, but I've heard it's been done.

On a slightly unrelated note, I had a friend who was talking to some old guy one day. This guy stated, and I quote, "If they weren't shooting rockets up through the ozone, they wouldn't get them holes in it!".

:yuck:

Drakkith said:
On a slightly unrelated note, I had a friend who was talking to some old guy one day. This guy stated, and I quote, "If they weren't shooting rockets up through the ozone, they wouldn't get them holes in it!".

:yuck:

:rofl:

Kalrag said:
So, what are some methods of creating clouds? List as many methods as you can.

1) http://www.magneticeast.com/ecology/rain.html
This technique for creating clouds seems to have made some progress in the Islamic Middle East.

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

Dotini said:
1) http://www.magneticeast.com/ecology/rain.html
This technique for creating clouds seems to have made some progress in the Islamic Middle East.

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

I'm going to look into this, it appears like a crackpot site from the outset - in fact it screams it. I'll report back on my findings.

EDIT: Scrap that, here is something right down the bottom of the page that worries me:
For successful implementation of the proposal at large it is required to undertake the following efforts:
Fit irrigation spray networks on all islands in Abu Dhabi waters with magnetic systems. Irrigation of agricultural crops shall be seen as a primary condition for generation of rain clouds.
Equip the city irrigation system with magnetic devices.
Run publicity on a regular basis in mass media of this country with emphasis on benefits of magnetic systems for private farms. Estimated length of program before completion - 5 years.

This is non-sense. It's no different to putting a magnet on your gas meter.

They are claiming "after installation of magnetic generators, desert turned into a blooming garden.", yet for this to work you have to install irrigation - of course it's going to turn into a successful garden if you install irrigation, clouds or not. Not to mention the fact they want you to spread propoganda.

5 years with a good irrigation system will give you good agriculture, no need for this mumbo jumbo.

EDIT 2: They also claim the system reduces water useage, but gives up to 60% more crops.

Last edited:

1. How is artificial cloud creation different from natural cloud formation?

Artificial cloud creation involves the use of human-made technologies and materials to form clouds, while natural cloud formation occurs through atmospheric processes such as evaporation and condensation.

2. What are the main techniques used to create clouds artificially?

The main techniques used to create clouds artificially include cloud seeding, fog dispersal, and ice nucleation. These techniques involve introducing substances such as silver iodide, dry ice, or liquid propane into the atmosphere to initiate cloud formation.

3. What are the potential benefits of artificially creating clouds?

Artificial cloud creation can help increase precipitation in areas experiencing drought, mitigate the effects of extreme weather events, and potentially reduce the impacts of climate change by reflecting sunlight and reducing temperatures.

4. Are there any potential risks associated with artificial cloud creation?

While artificial cloud creation has potential benefits, there are also risks to consider. These include potential negative impacts on local ecosystems, changes in weather patterns, and unintended consequences on air quality.

5. How is the effectiveness of artificial cloud creation measured?

The effectiveness of artificial cloud creation is measured through scientific observation and data collection. This includes monitoring changes in precipitation levels, temperature, and other weather patterns in areas where cloud creation techniques are being used.