How Can I Find a Solution to a Simple Problem?

• Thread starter W_Herbst
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding a solution to determine the angle between two circles, A and C, using the radius. The solution involves using geometry and extending the line of the normal on the surface into the spheres' centers to determine the angles from a triangle drawn between the three centers. The triangle has sides 2r, r+R, and r+R. The conversation ends with the problem being solved.
W_Herbst
I need a solution to this. If it is possible to show me the complete solution

See attach JPG

Thanks

Attachments

• cylinder.JPG
    cylinder.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 349
Physics news on Phys.org
Use geometry, and show what you have done so far.

I`ve got Ground and A and Ground and B. Is there a way of determining the angle (not from the answers) where circel A and C make contact, using the radius?

Yes:
1. The forces between the balls acts along the contact normals.
2. If you extend the line of the normal on the surface into the sphere's you'll end up in that sphere's center.
3. But that means you can determine the angles from the triangle drawn between the 3 centres:
Let R be the radius in the big sphere, r the radius in the two smaller spheres:
Then the triangle has sides: 2r,r+R,r+R

thank you sorted

1. What is a simple problem?

A simple problem is a problem that can be easily understood and solved without complex or extensive knowledge or skills. It usually has a clear and straightforward solution.

2. How do I identify the solution to a simple problem?

The first step in identifying the solution to a simple problem is to clearly define the problem. Then, you can analyze the problem and break it down into smaller, more manageable parts. Finally, brainstorm and evaluate different potential solutions until you find the one that best addresses the problem.

3. What are some common examples of simple problems?

Some common examples of simple problems include basic math equations, household repairs, and organizing a schedule or to-do list. These are problems that can be easily solved with minimal effort or resources.

4. How do I approach solving a simple problem?

When approaching a simple problem, it is important to stay calm and focus on the facts. Take a step-by-step approach and break the problem down into smaller, more manageable tasks. Use critical thinking skills and consider all possible solutions before making a decision.

5. What are some effective problem-solving strategies for simple problems?

Some effective problem-solving strategies for simple problems include identifying the root cause of the problem, brainstorming and evaluating multiple solutions, and seeking advice or assistance from others. It is also important to stay organized and stay positive throughout the problem-solving process.