Engineering personal statement

In summary, an engineering personal statement is a written statement that showcases an applicant's motivation, skills, and goals for pursuing a career in engineering. It should include information about their academic background, relevant experiences, skills, and achievements, as well as their career goals and how the program will help them achieve them. The statement should be concise and tailored to each program, as it is a crucial part of the admissions process and can greatly impact the applicant's chances of being accepted.
dumb
Hey,

i have to hand in my ps on monday, but i feel like it's really dull and crap, can a current engineering student have a look at it please? i'll either send it via pm or email...

THANX o:)

Engineering news on Phys.org
PM it me, I'll give it the once-over. Anything to avoid revision...

I wish you would {when its finished} post it here. I sat on a board that produced a Mission Statement for a university, what a tuff job that was. There was no getting around the boring aspect of them.

1. What is the purpose of an engineering personal statement?

An engineering personal statement is a written statement that provides insight into the applicant's motivation, skills, and goals for pursuing a career in engineering. It is an opportunity for the applicant to showcase their passion for the field and convince the admissions committee why they are a strong candidate for the program.

2. What should be included in an engineering personal statement?

An engineering personal statement should include information about the applicant's academic background, relevant experiences, skills, and achievements that demonstrate their interest and aptitude for engineering. It should also highlight their career goals and how the program will help them achieve those goals.

3. How long should an engineering personal statement be?

Most engineering personal statements are typically 1-2 pages long, although the length may vary depending on the specific requirements of the program. It is important to keep the statement concise and focused, highlighting the most important information and avoiding unnecessary details.

4. Can I use the same personal statement for multiple engineering programs?

It is not recommended to use the same personal statement for multiple engineering programs. Each program may have different requirements and expectations, so it is important to tailor the statement to each program. However, you can use similar content and structure for multiple statements, but make sure to customize it for each program.

5. How important is the engineering personal statement in the admissions process?

The engineering personal statement is a crucial part of the admissions process and can greatly impact the applicant's chances of being accepted into the program. It provides the admissions committee with a deeper understanding of the applicant's qualifications, passion, and potential for success in the program. Therefore, it is important to spend time crafting a strong and compelling personal statement.