Find the Perfect Computer and Soundproof it for Gaming!

• Thread starter Learning Curve
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary, I'm looking for a new computer (mainly for gaming) to get within the next month. I need help with finding a good deal since I have been looking and can't find it exactly. I earned $1200 over the summer and that's what I have to get the computer. I would like to spend only around $1000 on the computer itself so I have a couple hundred for other stuff. I would like to spend around $600 on the computer itself and the remaining $400 on upgrades to graphics card and other things.
Learning Curve
I'm looking for a new computer (mainly for gaming) to get within the next month. I need help with finding a good deal since I have been looking and can't find it exactly. I earned $1200 over the summer and that's what I have to get the computer. I would like to spend only around $1000 on the computer itself so I have a couple hundred for other stuff. If anyone could help me with this that would be great.

My second question is sound. I play the drums right next to my current old computer. Is that bad for the computer? It's very loud.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Do you want to buy a pre-made one or do you want to build your own?

And as far as the drums go... there's a few things that might come loose over a long period of time but there probably isn't anything to worry about. At the most, something will stop working in the long run because its connector fell off or something falls. Grab a screwdriver and put it back in :P

well I am just going to buy it premade because I haven't made a computer since the turn of the century :redface:

i would sugest building your own if you have knowledge of hardware. Check www.tigerdirect.com has good deals for motherboards and processors bundled together also barebone kits are nice
damnit now i seem like a salesman for the website!

Newegg is better than tigerdirect.

ill have to check newegg out cause i am planning to build a new pc soon, but i like to use tiger direct because they have a Canadian version of the stie as well with the Canadian prices

newegg is opening (or possibly already did) a Canadian division. Canucks rejoic... ****, how do you spell that word.

Learning Curve said:
I'm looking for a new computer (mainly for gaming) to get within the next month. I need help with finding a good deal since I have been looking and can't find it exactly. I earned $1200 over the summer and that's what I have to get the computer. I would like to spend only around $1000 on the computer itself so I have a couple hundred for other stuff. If anyone could help me with this that would be great.

Before you buy online check out: http://www.resellerratings.com. Read the reviews of whichever company you're planning to buy on.

Spending $1000 is really small if you want games to run decent.

You don't need to spend $1000 to run games decently. A $600 machine is fine.

My computer is around $400 (After Rebates) and works very well. Spend the extra $200 on upgrading to the lastest graphics card. Shopping around for the best prices is key.

1. How do I find the perfect computer for gaming?

To find the perfect computer for gaming, you should consider the processor, graphics card, RAM, storage space, and cooling system. Look for a high-performance processor such as Intel Core i9 or AMD Ryzen 9, a dedicated graphics card such as NVIDIA GeForce RTX or AMD Radeon RX, at least 16GB of RAM, and a solid-state drive (SSD) for faster loading times. It is also important to research and read reviews to find a reliable and well-built gaming computer.

2. What are the benefits of soundproofing a gaming computer?

Soundproofing a gaming computer can significantly reduce the noise level, making for a more enjoyable gaming experience. It also helps to prevent sound from escaping the room, which can be beneficial for those living in shared spaces or apartments. Additionally, soundproofing can help to keep the computer running at its optimal temperature by reducing the need for loud cooling fans.

3. How can I soundproof my gaming computer?

There are several ways to soundproof a gaming computer. You can start by adding sound-absorbing materials, such as acoustic foam or soundproofing panels, to the walls and inside the computer case. You can also replace loud fans with quieter ones or use a liquid cooling system. Additionally, you can place the computer in a soundproof enclosure or build a soundproof box around it.

4. Is it necessary to soundproof my gaming computer?

It is not necessary to soundproof your gaming computer, but it can significantly improve your gaming experience. If you live in a quiet environment, the noise level of your computer may not be an issue. However, if you live in a shared space or have sensitive neighbors, soundproofing can help to avoid any conflicts and create a more peaceful environment for yourself and others.

5. Can I soundproof my existing gaming computer?

Yes, it is possible to soundproof an existing gaming computer. You can follow the steps mentioned in question 3 or invest in a soundproofing kit specifically designed for computer cases. Keep in mind that some soundproofing methods may require you to make modifications to your computer case, so it is essential to research and understand the process before proceeding.