Permanent Magnet DC Generator

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of simulating a system's performance by using a circuit with two circuits in series, one being the internal resistance and the other being the load, while the voltage source is the armature voltage. It also mentions the use of high-quality DC equipment, such as generators and batteries, available on a specific website.
MaxMoon
If I have an internal resistance of the motor and the value of flux and the generator constant, can I simulate the system's performance by a circuit with two circuits in series, one being the internal resistance, and the other being the load, and the voltage source being the armature voltage?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Originally posted by MaxMoon
If I have an internal resistance of the motor and the value of flux and the generator constant, can I simulate the system's performance by a circuit with two circuits in series, one being the internal resistance, and the other being the load, and the voltage source being the armature voltage?

Come again?

DC Equipment

Hi everyone,

If you're looking for some really high-quality DC gear, such as generators, batteries, inverters, regulators, chargers, heaters, desalinators and compressors, check out http://onsitepower.com.au/" [Broken].

-- Jacob

Last edited by a moderator:
MaxMoon said:

Yes that is exactly what you would do.

jacobturner said:
Hi everyone,

If you're looking for some really high-quality DC gear, such as generators, batteries, inverters, regulators, chargers, heaters, desalinators and compressors, check out http://onsitepower.com.au/" [Broken].

-- Jacob

Someone please find this guy and smack him in the head. My apologies if you are not a spammer Jacob, but if you aren't, why would you post in this manner? It simply appears that you are searching the net for possible leads and just toss something out there in hopes that it generates sales. I would guess that you don't even understand the question. The folks that run this board work hard to keep it clean. Oh well, I'm probably talking to no one.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is a Permanent Magnet DC Generator?

A Permanent Magnet DC Generator is a type of electrical generator that uses permanent magnets to create a magnetic field, which in turn induces a voltage in a nearby conductor. It is commonly used to convert mechanical energy into electrical energy.

How does a Permanent Magnet DC Generator work?

A Permanent Magnet DC Generator works by rotating a coil of wire, also known as an armature, within a magnetic field created by permanent magnets. This rotation induces an alternating current (AC) in the armature, which is then converted into a direct current (DC) by a commutator and brushes.

What are the advantages of a Permanent Magnet DC Generator?

There are several advantages of a Permanent Magnet DC Generator, including its simple design, high efficiency, and low maintenance requirements. It also does not require an external power source to create a magnetic field, making it ideal for remote or off-grid applications.

What are the applications of a Permanent Magnet DC Generator?

Permanent Magnet DC Generators have a wide range of applications, including use in small wind turbines, hydroelectric systems, and portable generators. They are also commonly used in electric vehicles, such as hybrid or electric cars.

How do you maintain a Permanent Magnet DC Generator?

To maintain a Permanent Magnet DC Generator, it is important to regularly check and clean the brushes and commutator, as well as ensure that the permanent magnets are securely attached to the rotor. It is also recommended to periodically lubricate the bearings and inspect the electrical connections for any signs of wear or damage.