Who are the 2006 PF Award Winners and what categories did they excel in?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: cache.:smile:You need to clear your cache. The New Images have the same reference (in same directory) and name as the old ones. So when you visited here before the change you would have downloaded a local copy of the old badges. If you do a couple of reloads on the page it may force it to download the new image, if that doesn't work you need to clear your... cache.
So, will we have some recognition for former Gurus?

Physics news on Phys.org
Congratulations to all of the gurus,

...lost by one vote (13 versus Bystanders 14), these award events were always fun and the "Other Sciences" award (otherwise known as the "Chemistry" award...well, now it is) ultimately went to the much more qualified individual. Ahh well, I shall now hang my shining banner (saved it, yes, I'm that vain) with the memory of good times.

Last edited:
Kudos to all who won, and to all those who keep this forum going.

I'm flattered to have been selected for the physics award, and thank those who voted for me. pervect is a great choice.
Regards,
Reilly Atkinson

FredGarvin said:
I just finished a post and saw the banner pop up under my name. Boy is this wierd. I must say I am a bit uneasy seeing the word "guru" next to my name. I am definitely not used to such accolades. It really is hard to believe considering the others that were nominated as well.
Well, get used to it mate - you deserve it. :tongue2: :approve: :biggrin:

FredGarvin - male engineer :rofl:

Congratulations to all the nominees whom I consider gurus and mentors in the true sense of the words.

And Thanks to all who contribute to PF and make it the great place that it is. :!) o:) :tongue2: :cool:

Now I'm totally confused, and I can't blame the beer because I saw it before I got drunk. I see no banners for Fred, Older Dan, or Pervect, and I see an 'Engineering Guru' banner for Astro. Isn't that Fred's, and Astro has 'Community Spirit'? C'mon now... I can't be that pissed; an ugly girl just walked by under my window and she still looked ugly. The beer goggles haven't cut in yet, so I must be okay.

Congrats to all! :smile:

Evo said:
So, will we have some recognition for former Gurus?

YEAH...WHat's up with that ?

marlon, former physics guru

Danger said:
Now I'm totally confused, and I can't blame the beer because I saw it before I got drunk. I see no banners for Fred, Older Dan, or Pervect, and I see an 'Engineering Guru' banner for Astro. Isn't that Fred's, and Astro has 'Community Spirit'? C'mon now... I can't be that pissed; an ugly girl just walked by under my window and she still looked ugly. The beer goggles haven't cut in yet, so I must be okay.
Clear your browser's cache and reload the pages. They will clear up. It was doing weird things for me too before I did that.

Congratulations to all of you!

marlon said:
YEAH...WHat's up with that ?

marlon, former physics guru
I think a similar badge saying "fomer XXX Guru 2005" would be nice. It

Evo said:

I didn't know we even had XXX gurus!

I guess there are some Marlon films I haven't seen yet.

Evo said:

What? I always thought that dirty talking was forbidden here. :biggrin: :tongue2:

Edit: a badge saying "future XXX Guru 2007" would be nice, too. :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:

It's a little known secret. :biggrin:

Evo said:
It's a little known secret. :biggrin:
Come on!
You can publish and tell everything here o:)

Evo said:
Great Idea

Math Is Hard said:

:rofl:

I don't know if one wants to see "these films". Err, i don't think i have the skill to be in that kind of movies :wink:

radou said:
Edit: a badge saying "future XXX Guru 2007" would be nice, too. :biggrin:

That's an even greater idea

marlon

Thanks very much for the honored status. Somehow a whole year slipped by without my noticing, and I missed out completely on the awards, not even realizing I was in it, until something new popped up on my logo. I still wasn't sure what it was, as I thought it a given that Matt is undisputed math guru.

I accept with pleasure and pride however. Thank you.

I surmise some people appreciated the thread on becoming a mathematician, as I do not really help as much with the everyday problem and topic advice as do Matt, Hurkyl, Halls, and many others.

Obviously we are all in great debt to the people who actually keep the site running, who are ineligible. It is thanks to them we are here.

I note that like W, I won with a minority of votes cast. also unlike his, it was a plurality.

Congratulations to all the winners. Much deserved.

Also, thanks to all the the staff for making PF work. Without their effrots, I'd have to find another, less enjoyable, way to procrastinate. :biggrin:

<h2>1. Who were the 2006 PF Award Winners?</h2><p>The 2006 PF Award Winners were a group of individuals who were recognized for their outstanding contributions in the field of science and technology.</p><h2>2. What categories did the 2006 PF Award Winners excel in?</h2><p>The 2006 PF Award Winners excelled in a variety of categories, including physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, and engineering.</p><h2>3. How were the 2006 PF Award Winners selected?</h2><p>The 2006 PF Award Winners were selected by a panel of experts in their respective fields, who reviewed and evaluated the nominees based on their achievements and impact in their chosen category.</p><h2>4. Can you provide some examples of the 2006 PF Award Winners and their achievements?</h2><p>Some examples of the 2006 PF Award Winners and their achievements include Stephen Hawking for his groundbreaking work in theoretical physics, Frances Arnold for her pioneering research in enzyme engineering, and Craig Venter for his contributions to the field of genomics.</p><h2>5. How did winning the PF Award in 2006 impact the careers of the recipients?</h2><p>Winning the PF Award in 2006 had a significant impact on the careers of the recipients, as it brought recognition and credibility to their work and opened up new opportunities for collaboration and funding.</p>

1. Who were the 2006 PF Award Winners?

The 2006 PF Award Winners were a group of individuals who were recognized for their outstanding contributions in the field of science and technology.

2. What categories did the 2006 PF Award Winners excel in?

The 2006 PF Award Winners excelled in a variety of categories, including physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, and engineering.

3. How were the 2006 PF Award Winners selected?

The 2006 PF Award Winners were selected by a panel of experts in their respective fields, who reviewed and evaluated the nominees based on their achievements and impact in their chosen category.

4. Can you provide some examples of the 2006 PF Award Winners and their achievements?

Some examples of the 2006 PF Award Winners and their achievements include Stephen Hawking for his groundbreaking work in theoretical physics, Frances Arnold for her pioneering research in enzyme engineering, and Craig Venter for his contributions to the field of genomics.

5. How did winning the PF Award in 2006 impact the careers of the recipients?

Winning the PF Award in 2006 had a significant impact on the careers of the recipients, as it brought recognition and credibility to their work and opened up new opportunities for collaboration and funding.