Change Password After 34 Years and a Season?!

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a message that was sent to change passwords due to a time variable related to the password being initialized to zero. The cause of this is unknown, but it is not a significant issue. One person also shares that they changed their password and then changed it back. Another person offers to help with any further questions.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
That is 34 years and a season.. I got this message which told me to change my password because of that.. legit? :confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
You sure don't look 34!

I got it too, actually.

Well, 1970 was 34 years ago, and Unix systems store their time in seconds since midnight on Jan 1, 1970. Sounds like a time variable related to the password was initialized to zero for you guys, somehow.

I don't know enough about that part of vB to speculate exactly why it happened, but I wouldn't lose much sleep over it. :smile:

- Warren

I got it too.

I changed my password, and then changed it right back.

Monique,

hi there , could you explain your question again , what os , what technology
etc so we can help you in better way

Rahul

Rahul,

It's no longer a problem.

- Warren

1. How often should I change my password after 34 years and a season?

It is generally recommended to change your password every 3 months for optimal security. However, if you have not changed your password in 34 years and a season, it is highly recommended to change it immediately.

2. Why should I change my password after 34 years and a season?

Passwords can become compromised over time, especially if they have not been changed for a long period. Changing your password regularly helps to protect your personal information and accounts from potential hackers.

3. How can I remember a new password after using the same one for 34 years and a season?

It can be challenging to remember a new password after using the same one for a long time. One tip is to use a password manager to store and generate strong passwords for you. You can also use a passphrase instead of a password, which can be easier to remember.

4. What are some best practices for creating a new password?

When creating a new password, it is essential to make it strong and unique. Use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. Avoid using personal information or easily guessable patterns in your password.

5. Should I change my password on all my accounts after 34 years and a season?

Yes, it is always a good idea to change your password on all your accounts if you have not done so in a long time. This helps to ensure that all your accounts are secure and not vulnerable to potential hackers.