PF Photography: Tips, Tricks, & Photo Sharing

In summary, this thread is for photography. Hosting your photos can be done using http://imageshack.us/", and a maximum image size of 640x480 is recommended. Photos that are too dull can be improved by adjusting the color balance. There is a free Image Manipulation programme called GIMP that can be used to touch up photos. For those interested, there is a link to a tutorial on how to use GIMP in the thread's last post.
  • #1,401
Compliments of @chroot in Iceland!

1496188_10208912727238046_4718200665878976004_o.jpg

Likes OmCheeto, DennisN, davenn and 4 others
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,402
beautiful aurora pic :smile:

• #1,403
Thanks @Greg Bernhardt for giving this thread a new lease of life yesterday, it had disappeared into obscurity

a couple of scenic pic's ...
first is the Church of the Good Shepherd, Lake Tekapo, South Island, NZ (taken Jan 2007)

DSCF1377ac.jpg

This second one, a portion of the south coast of Australia ~ 200 km west of Melbourne city (taken Dec 2015)

south coast.jpg

cheers
Dave

Last edited:
Likes DennisN and Greg Bernhardt
  • #1,404
Event photography is another style I am very involved in
a couple of examples ...

2014_11_07_1664aa.jpg

2015_02_08_3061a.jpg
cheers
Dave

Likes DennisN and Greg Bernhardt
  • #1,405
IMG_5600-Edit.jpg

Likes dlgoff, OmCheeto, Ssnow and 4 others
  • #1,406
  • #1,407
@davenn - thanks!

There is an "airstrip" (actually just a piece of land) used by RC folk half mile from here. I was there flying my model, but I took my camera with me as well. Once I landed I started to take pictures, and there was a guy with a glider with LEDs mounted in the wings, so I asked him if he can make an approach from the Sun. He said "yes" and now we are both happy :smile:

Likes davenn
  • #1,408
Hello!
I'm new here and I'm a big fan of photography. Here is my cat:

cPIA5t.jpg
plPHXfhnj.jpg

Likes AlexCaledin, DennisN, Sophia and 1 other person
  • #1,409
A special moment in time I captured whilst in Uganda

upload_2016-9-13_18-37-19.png
cheers
Dave

Likes Ssnow, Borek and Sophia
  • #1,410
Good morning,
a Star trail in Italy

notte.JPG

Ssnow

Likes davenn and Mariana S Ferreira
  • #1,411
DSC_3526_zps7ch6jmr8.jpg

Where's that confounded caterpillar?

Likes AlexCaledin, dlgoff, DennisN and 4 others
  • #1,412
Andy Resnick said:

sweet detail in that pic, Andy nice one !

Likes Andy Resnick
  • #1,413
Thoughtful Garden:
A friend of mine is growing large purple neurons in his garden.

IMG_0061.jpg

Likes AlexCaledin, davenn and DennisN
  • #1,414
Andy Resnick said:
Very nice mushroom, Andy!

• #1,415
I just got two of my pics accepted into a local Conservation Photography Contest.

These are the five I submitted:

blue-lamp.jpg
dew.jpg
dragonfly.jpg
grebes.jpg
orange-berries.jpg

Which two would you have accepted?

Likes OmCheeto, DennisN and Andy Resnick
  • #1,416
DaveC426913 said:
I just got two of my pics accepted into a local Conservation Photography Contest.

Which two would you have accepted?

well done, congrats

hmmmm ... 2 and 4 cobweb and boats in mistDave

Likes BillTre
  • #1,417
davenn said:
hmmmm ... 2 and 4 cobweb and boats in mist
See, now that's what I would have picked.
Not the least reason because those birds in the mist are Grebes - a protected species in our lagoon in the park (kind of the point of the Photo contest). I'd have thought it was a shoe-in.

They went with cobweb and dragonfly.

Likes BillTre and davenn
  • #1,418
DaveC426913 said:
They went with cobweb and dragonfly.
Nice photos, Dave! I would also go with those two.

• #1,419
Andy Resnick said:
DSC_3526_zps7ch6jmr8.jpg

I can almost smell the thing while viewing your picture.

<h2>1. What is PF Photography?</h2><p>PF Photography stands for "personal finance photography" and is a genre of photography that focuses on capturing images related to personal finance, such as budgeting, saving, and investing. It is a creative way to visualize and communicate financial concepts.</p><h2>2. What are some tips for taking good PF photos?</h2><p>Some tips for taking good PF photos include using natural lighting, incorporating relevant props or objects, and experimenting with different angles and compositions. It is also important to have a clear concept or message in mind before taking the photo.</p><h2>3. How can I improve my PF photography skills?</h2><p>Improving PF photography skills takes practice and experimentation. One can also learn from other photographers and resources, such as online tutorials or workshops. It is also helpful to constantly seek inspiration and think outside the box when it comes to capturing financial concepts through photography.</p><h2>4. What are some common mistakes to avoid in PF photography?</h2><p>Some common mistakes to avoid in PF photography include using harsh or artificial lighting, cluttered backgrounds, and not having a clear subject or message in the photo. It is also important to avoid cliché or overused images and strive for originality.</p><h2>5. How can I share my PF photos with others?</h2><p>There are various ways to share PF photos with others, such as through social media platforms, personal websites or blogs, or by participating in photography contests or exhibitions. It is also helpful to engage with other photographers and the personal finance community to gain exposure and feedback on your work.</p>

1. What is PF Photography?

PF Photography stands for "personal finance photography" and is a genre of photography that focuses on capturing images related to personal finance, such as budgeting, saving, and investing. It is a creative way to visualize and communicate financial concepts.

2. What are some tips for taking good PF photos?

Some tips for taking good PF photos include using natural lighting, incorporating relevant props or objects, and experimenting with different angles and compositions. It is also important to have a clear concept or message in mind before taking the photo.

3. How can I improve my PF photography skills?

Improving PF photography skills takes practice and experimentation. One can also learn from other photographers and resources, such as online tutorials or workshops. It is also helpful to constantly seek inspiration and think outside the box when it comes to capturing financial concepts through photography.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid in PF photography?

Some common mistakes to avoid in PF photography include using harsh or artificial lighting, cluttered backgrounds, and not having a clear subject or message in the photo. It is also important to avoid cliché or overused images and strive for originality.

5. How can I share my PF photos with others?

There are various ways to share PF photos with others, such as through social media platforms, personal websites or blogs, or by participating in photography contests or exhibitions. It is also helpful to engage with other photographers and the personal finance community to gain exposure and feedback on your work.