Good 2008 Physics Phd and M.S. Applicant Resource

In summary, this site provides information on how successful applicants have fared in the past and what type of profile they had. It is user reported, so the stats may not be completely accurate. However, it is still useful to view the profiles of those that do get admitted.
breakfree2002
Hi everyone.

I discovered an excellent resource for graduate school applications.

* List of US Graduate School Physics Programs.

http://www.yuster.com/school/get_universities_for_major/6

* Admission Results & Decisions from many different Physics Programs

http://www.yuster.com/school/get_major_responses/6

* Subscribe for alerts on when your program has started to send out admission decisions.

http://www.yuster.com/school/rss

* General Graduate School Admission Resources.
http://www.yuster.com

Hope you find these useful!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Mmm, I'm just an undergrad currently looking in general at grad school possibilities, but those acceptance rates (in the first link) seem pretty high to me... Harvard, Columbia, Caltech at around 70%, MIT at 100%... the only seemingly selective ones are Yale, Princeton, Stanford, Santa Barbara and Chicago. Is there more to this than meets the eye?

dpackard said:
Mmm, I'm just an undergrad currently looking in general at grad school possibilities, but those acceptance rates (in the first link) seem pretty high to me... Harvard, Columbia, Caltech at around 70%, MIT at 100%... the only seemingly selective ones are Yale, Princeton, Stanford, Santa Barbara and Chicago. Is there more to this than meets the eye?

This site is obviously not tracking every applicant.

Looked strange at first to me too. I think the deal with this site is that you sign up and record your progress in applying (I applied here, I got accepted there). These are the acceptance rates for members of the site.

I guess that means just registering boosts your chances of getting accepted.

It's really user reported information. So the statistics are definitely skewed.

However, it is still interesting to view the profiles of those that do get admitted to get a rough sense of the type of profiles that the successful applicants have.

It is also useful after you have submitted your apps and are waiting for a response, because it tells you when other people hear back, so you can get a rough idea of when you will hear back.

Cheers,
Henry

i wish i registering would boost my chance...but no alas...just got a ding!

1. What is the purpose of the "Good 2008 Physics Phd and M.S. Applicant Resource"?

The purpose of the "Good 2008 Physics Phd and M.S. Applicant Resource" is to provide helpful information and resources for individuals who are applying for a Phd or M.S. program in Physics in the year 2008. It includes tips, advice, and resources to assist with the application process and increase the chances of being accepted into a program.

2. Who can benefit from using the "Good 2008 Physics Phd and M.S. Applicant Resource"?

This resource can benefit anyone who is applying for a Phd or M.S. program in Physics in the year 2008. This can include undergraduate students, recent graduates, and individuals who have been out of school for some time and are looking to return to academia.

3. What type of information and resources are included in the "Good 2008 Physics Phd and M.S. Applicant Resource"?

The resource includes information on the application process, tips for writing a strong personal statement and CV, advice for obtaining letters of recommendation, and resources for finding and applying to programs. It may also include sample application materials and advice from current or former Phd and M.S. students in Physics.

4. Is the "Good 2008 Physics Phd and M.S. Applicant Resource" specific to a certain country or region?

This resource is designed for individuals applying for Phd and M.S. programs in Physics in the year 2008 and may include general tips and advice that can be applied globally. However, some information and resources may be specific to certain countries or regions, so it is important to verify the relevance before using them.

5. How can using the "Good 2008 Physics Phd and M.S. Applicant Resource" benefit an applicant?

Using this resource can benefit an applicant by providing them with valuable information and resources to help them navigate the application process and increase their chances of being accepted into a Phd or M.S. program in Physics. It can also offer insights and advice from those who have gone through the process before and may provide a competitive edge in the application process.