Is Using a Thesis Maker Real or Fake?

• Thread starter lokofer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thesis
In summary: Somehow, I don't think you would make it to your defense if your paying for someone to write your paper. In fact, I think the prof your working under would realize you don't know what your talking about after about one month of no work to show. He would probably laugh at your face and throw you out his office, and then laugh at you some more while shaking his head.
lokofer
" Thesis maker" Real or fake?..

Hello i didn't know how or where to post this question..once in the web i saw a webpage where you paid them a quote and ¡¡they did your Ph. D thesis for you¡¡¡.. i don't know if this is real or not...and what kind of subjects they accept, or what are the prices.

Physics news on Phys.org
Let me go out on a limb and say it's probably fake. A thesis is a non-trivial amount of work... I would guess that the number of grad students who could actually *afford* to pay someone to write their thesis for them would be vanishingly small.

If it's an editing service to take a poorly written thesis and whip it into shape, that's a different matter.

Well that sounds like a great way to start off your career :rolleyes:

lokofer said:
Hello i didn't know how or where to post this question..once in the web i saw a webpage where you paid them a quote and ¡¡they did your Ph. D thesis for you¡¡¡.. i don't know if this is real or not...and what kind of subjects they accept, or what are the prices.

Whether it is real or fake is utterly irrelevant. People who make use of this service deserve what they will get, which would be to get booted off their Ph.D program on their rear ends.

Zz.

"If it's an editing service to take a poorly written thesis and whip it into shape, that's a different matter."..

- Perhaps i misunderstood and that's what really is... they help you to improve your redaction for your Ph. D..although i wouldn't mind paying some money ($$) to them if they can perform the "difficult" calculations inside my physics problems (Numerical evaluation of integrals, perturbative correction, Group descomposition, calculation of Tensors in GR, and so on) in case i was doing a Ph. D thesis.. the most important thing (in my opinion) for an academic work is the "main" idea, the calculations and other are simply a matter of fact.

Why should a physicist have to have the ability to do the calculations to back their "main idea"? Such harsh and unreasonable expectations thesis advisors have! (<-sarcasm)

It was hopefully an editing and/or typing service. In otherwords, nothing to do with the actual technical content.

shmoe said:
It was hopefully an editing and/or typing service. In otherwords, nothing to do with the actual technical content.

OK, I went googling. The "thesismaker" I found claims to be a writing service.
Thesis Maker was started out by a group of vivacious individuals, proficient writer and skilled human resource personnel who had known that thesis writing is one of the major concerns of the students during their university & college years, as well as professionals who are earning diplomas and certifications along with their careers.
It has been more than a decade since Thesis Maker is out there, making a difference in the life of students. They have moved ahead from the starting line, have made standards, and have shaken notions apart. Thesis Maker is a popular & reliable source for thesis related requirements for the college & university students.

You'd have to be pretty stupid to take writing advice from this bunch.

Their website might as well conclude with "We wll definately right you a real good paper. CHEAP!"

- Warren

Even if it is a genuine "enterprise" who will write, edit or perform the 'difficult calculations' for you; you will fall down at your thesis defence if you rely on a third party to write or heavily edit your thesis.

Hootenanny said:
Even if it is a genuine "enterprise" who will write, edit or perform the 'difficult calculations' for you; you will fall down at your thesis defence if you rely on a third party to write or heavily edit your thesis.

Well, unless you sign up for ThesisDefender.com, too. All you need to do is email them a photograph, and hey'll drop ship a shrink-wrapped post-doc, similar enough to you in physical appearance to fool your advisors under dim light, to your door in a plain brown crate. Two-day shipping is available for only a small additional fee.

- Warren

I am amazed at how many serious replies were given to this thread. :rofl:

Somehow, I don't think you would make it to your defense if your paying for someone to write your paper. In fact, I think the prof your working under would realize you don't know what your talking about after about one month of no work to show. He would probably laugh at your face and throw you out his office, and then laugh at you some more while shaking his head. :biggrin:

Last edited:

1. Is thesis maker real or fake?

The answer to this question depends on the specific thesis maker in question. Some thesis makers may be legitimate tools that help students organize their ideas and create a strong thesis statement, while others may be fraudulent and produce subpar work. It is important to thoroughly research and read reviews before using a thesis maker.

2. How does a thesis maker work?

A thesis maker typically works by prompting the user to input information about their topic, arguments, and evidence. Based on this input, the tool generates a thesis statement that summarizes the main argument of the paper. Some thesis makers may also provide additional suggestions and tips for strengthening the thesis statement.

3. Can a thesis maker replace the work of writing a thesis?

No, a thesis maker should not completely replace the work of writing a thesis. While it can be a helpful tool for organizing ideas and generating a strong thesis statement, it is important for the writer to critically think about their argument and ensure that the thesis accurately reflects their main points.

4. Are thesis makers accurate?

The accuracy of a thesis maker depends on the quality of the tool and the accuracy of the information provided by the user. Some thesis makers may be more reliable than others, so it is important to thoroughly research and read reviews before using one. Additionally, it is important for the writer to critically evaluate the thesis statement generated by the tool to ensure its accuracy.

5. Are thesis makers ethical?

The ethics of using a thesis maker can be debated. While it can be a useful tool for organizing ideas and creating a strong thesis statement, relying solely on a thesis maker for writing a paper may be considered unethical. It is important for the writer to actively engage in the writing process and take ownership of their ideas and arguments.