Deadline for EPSRC Grants: Know Your Timeframe

• Thread starter h0dgey84bc
  • Start date
In summary, the deadline for accepting or rejecting EPSRC grants is set by the ESPRC/STFC and is typically on March 31st. However, there is no official deadline for all UK PhD places to accept or decline offers, and no institution can pressure an applicant to make a decision before March 31st.
h0dgey84bc
Hi,

Is there a deadline that EPSRC grants must be awarded by, I'm still waiting to hear back from a number of UK PhD places, and just wondering if there is a fixed time they must accept by? (i.e. like most US gradschools must accept/decline by mid April)

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
When I applied for a PhD this year they told me the deadline for accepting or rejecting the offer was the 31st of March. Apparently this was set by the ESPRC/STFC.

Good luck with your applications

I wasn't officially nominated for an STFC studentship until the end of June, so I don't think the deadlines are that early.

I believe the only rule is that no where can pressure you to accept an offer before the 31st March. So that is the earliest any where can force a decision by, rather than being a deadline as such.

1. What is the deadline for EPSRC grants?

The deadline for EPSRC grants varies depending on the specific grant and funding opportunity. It is important to carefully review the funding opportunity announcement to determine the specific deadline for the grant you are interested in.

2. How can I find out about upcoming deadlines for EPSRC grants?

The best way to stay informed about upcoming deadlines for EPSRC grants is to regularly check the EPSRC website and sign up for their email alerts. You can also follow EPSRC on social media for updates.

3. Can I apply for an EPSRC grant after the deadline has passed?

No, applications for EPSRC grants must be submitted before the deadline. Late applications will not be accepted.

4. Are there any exceptions to the deadline for EPSRC grants?

In some cases, EPSRC may offer a grace period for extenuating circumstances such as technical issues with the application system. However, it is always best to submit your application before the deadline to avoid any potential issues.

5. What happens if I miss the deadline for an EPSRC grant?

If you miss the deadline for an EPSRC grant, your application will not be considered. It is important to carefully plan and submit your application well before the deadline to ensure it is received and reviewed on time.