Solve Enjoyable Enigmas with Mr.E's Challenge

• Thread starter Enigman
  • Start date
In summary: Four princes approach the king vying for the hand of the princess. In order to choose the best among the four suitors the king and the princess arrange a test: the suitors are brought to a large rectangular hall. The floor is covered with a carpet all over except at the corners- where there are four squares of bare floor and the suitors are told to stand at these corner. Each suitor takes a corner and stands there while the princess stands at the center of the hall. The king then proclaims the prince who without leaving their respective squares shall put a ring on the princess's hand will be declared to be the bridegroom of his daughter and the heir to Enigmania. No ropes or rods are
Enigman
Okay, this thread is for all the puzzle-buffs in the forum. Post any puzzle, problem, whodunnits, cryptograms or any darned thing that requires out-of-box thinking to solve; Provided of course you know the answer yourself. No Googling!
I will go first.:biggrin:

This code is a message for the guy who solves it first:
YY U R, YY U B,
I C U R YY 4 me.

Hint:

T=tea, Q=que

Mr.E

Physics news on Phys.org
This supposed to be a message for a guy.. And you got me here... Misogynist. *leaves*

Gad said:
This supposed to be a message for a guy.. And you got me here... Misogynist. *leaves*

Misogynist- hmm... perhaps a bit albeit subconsciously(working on it)...Conciously though I am apathetic to both sexes. I would edit the offending phrase but for some reason i can't :confused: don't know why edit's not working.
Sorry:(

Last edited:
Come on PFers!
Really no-one?

So, are we supposed to fit other letters instead of the Ys to get the message?

This is not hard.. Come on guys, you can do it. :biggrin:

Gad said:
So, are we supposed to fit other letters instead of the Ys to get the message?

This is not hard.. Come on guys, you can do it. :biggrin:

Nope. Every letter(s) signifies a word.

Yes, I see that, except for the Ys, it doesn't make sense with double Y... wait

Enigman said:
Okay, this thread is for all the puzzle-buffs in the forum. Post any puzzle, problem, whodunnits, cryptograms or any darned thing that requires out-of-box thinking to solve; Provided of course you know the answer yourself. No Googling!
I will go first.:biggrin:

This code is a message for the guy who solves it first:
YY U R, YY U B,
I C U R YY 4 me.

Hint:

T=tea, Q=que

Mr.E

Twice you are, twice you be,
I see you are twice for me.

Or is that "twice for Emmy"?

They call my grandniece Emmy. I imagine it's short for Emmeline, or something.

OmCheeto said:
Twice you are, twice you be,
I see you are twice for me.
Getting Close!
Try something else for YY.

Enigman said:
Getting Close!
Try something else for YY.

Wise you are, wise you be,
I see you are wise for Emmy.

:tongue2:

Lol.

Disregard anything I post, I could have sworn I was in random thoughts.

OmCheeto said:
Wise you are, wise you be,
I see you are wise for Emmy.

:tongue2:

Try "too wise" throughout and "for me" at the end.

Curious3141 said:
Try "too wise" throughout and "for me" at the end.

Yep, that is correct. By the way great signature Om ; almost mistook it for gibberish.
Ans. Too wise you are, too wise you be. I see you are too wise for me!
Here's the next one :
You have got a cake. Cut it into 8 pieces with three cuts of a knife only.

Make a crose, then cut it horizontally. :p

Gad said:
Make a crose, then cut it horizontally. :p

I know this one, I came up with the same answer when first asked; and yet I hate the answer because it's just no fair to get a bottom piece without the nice frosting. A bottom piece is not a real piece. :yuck:

I'm suffering through what I think is a bout of gluten-intolerance, so I'm off it for the moment to see how I feel - shouldn't think about cake - arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :grumpy:

Once upon a time, in the faraway kingdom of Enigmania (:tongue2:) the king decides its time for him to choose a suitable groom for his daughter. Four princes approach the king vying for the hand of the princess. In order to choose the best among the four suitors the king and the princess arrange a test: the suitors are brought to a large rectangular hall. The floor is covered with a carpet all over except at the corners- where there are four squares of bare floor and the suitors are told to stand at these corner. Each suitor takes a corner and stands there while the princess stands at the center of the hall. The king then proclaims the prince who without leaving their respective squares shall put a ring on the princess's hand will be declared to be the bridegroom of his daughter and the heir to Enigmania. No ropes or rods are allowed. How does the winner succeed in this trial?

(Why am I the only one posting questions? Come on PFers, I could use some brainstorming too...)

Cause it's Enjoyable 'Enigmas'. :tongue:

Is any of the princes an illusionist? :biggrin:

Nope...

Enigman said:
... By the way great signature Om ; almost mistook it for gibberish.

That might be a fun game. All but one of those quotes were based on comments made on this forum.
Who said it, and what was the original quote?

lisab will definitely remember hers. I find that Integral used his phrase twice.

I can't find the post that inspired the "Music" quote, but I'm pretty sure it was Borek's fault.
It is abbreviated, as are all the quotes.

Goran Bregović said:
With music, I don't have to represent anyone except myself -- because I speak the first language of the world, the one everyone understands: music.

I think there are a total of 7 quotes intertwined. The first two lines of the Haiku contain 4 quotes.

Ha! It's a quantum signature. It has color, a bit of spin, definitely poly-dimensional, and no one really understands it. :tongue2:

Enigman said:
Once upon a time, in the faraway kingdom of Enigmania (:tongue2:) the king decides its time for him to choose a suitable groom for his daughter. Four princes approach the king vying for the hand of the princess. In order to choose the best among the four suitors the king and the princess arrange a test: the suitors are brought to a large rectangular hall. The floor is covered with a carpet all over except at the corners- where there are four squares of bare floor and the suitors are told to stand at these corner. Each suitor takes a corner and stands there while the princess stands at the center of the hall. The king then proclaims the prince who without leaving their respective squares shall put a ring on the princess's hand will be declared to be the bridegroom of his daughter and the heir to Enigmania. No ropes or rods are allowed. How does the winner succeed in this trial?

(Why am I the only one posting questions? Come on PFers, I could use some brainstorming too...)
Simple,
Prince Charming calls the princess over.
:uhh:

Not if he's ugly! he has to allure the princess, in other words, he has to be an illusionist. :biggrin:

Gad said:
Not if he's ugly! he has to allure the princess, in other words, he has to be an illusionist. :biggrin:

LOL:rofl:

Here's a physics puzzle- One day I took a glass and poured a bit of water in it and let a cork float in it. Every time I placed it in the middle of the glass it drifted to the side. Can you tell me why and what I did to float it permanently in the middle? -without using any tape, strings and suchlike. (Should be easy for PFers...)

Did you use a tooth paste?

:biggrin:

I know the answer, but I won't give it away just yet.

Toothpaste is not needed. All that is needed is the glass, the cork and water**. Nothing more.*

*(Well, technically the atmosphere is needed, otherwise the water would just boil away. And gravity is also needed to keep the water and the cork in the glass. So there's that.)

There is a restriction on the shape of the glass though. The rim of the glass must be of constant height, relative to the bottom of the glass, otherwise it won't work. The rim of the glass doesn't have to be circular -- it can be of any shape. It just needs to be of constant height is all. That means getting the cork to stay in the center won't work if the glass is in the shape of a beaker or a pitcher that has a pouring lip.

**(It is assumed that water is plentiful. There are no restrictions on the amount of available water for this.)

Last edited:
My guess is that it involves a meniscus, and the addition of water.

ps. Another solution to the last problem, would be to drag that princess towards you.

Unless of course, they tacked them back then, as they do now.

OmCheeto said:
My guess is that it involves a meniscus, and the addition of water.

ps. Another solution to the last problem, would be to drag that princess towards you.

Unless of course, they tacked them back then, as they do now.

My bartender was open enough to the thought that I was not totally crazy, and did the experiment.

I win. :smile:

------------------------
ps. collinsmark, after asking for some cork, he refused to put a whole wine-bottle cork in the shot-glass. I had to walk him through the process of removing just a bit of the cork; "No. The cork is too big! We just need a fingernails bit!"
The experiment went perfectly. :smile:

these kids nowadays...

Both OmCheeto and Collinsmark are correct. I don't know about Gad though. The reasoning probably was that toothpaste would decrease the surface tension, though it might work with detergent- I don't know about toothpaste.

Onto the next one:
One day I asked you a waiter/waitress to bring me things: A plate, a glass of water, a book of matchsticks and a small piece of any fruit as long as its soft. I then took the glass of water and poured enough water on the plate to cover it and drank the rest of it. I told the waiter/waitress that if he could put the water in the plate back in the glass I would give him/her a hundred dollars, with condition that (s)he can't touch the plate though (s)he may use the matchsticks and the piece of fruit. A few minutes later the waiter/waitress walked off with hundred bucks. What did you do?
EDIT: Added 'you' and changed to gender neutral prose so that Gadrizzle doesn't mace me...

Last edited:
Were you a smoker when you did this, Enigman? :biggrin:

I was never a smoker. :mad:
I am a saint without any vices. Bask in the light of my divine halo sundisk or just my awesomeness if you prefer.
:biggrin:
I will expect a witty rebuttal to that.

Last edited:
Well, if I were the waiter, I would split the fruit into two halfs, hold the plate with them, pour the water in the cup, eat the fruit, and take the matchsticks box even if you wanted them for your gas stove. :devil:

Oh, and take the 100$. :tongue2:

Enigman said:
... and a small piece of any fruit as long as its soft.
Alternative storyline:
Gadrizzle squishes the soft small fruit trying to lift a plate full of water, gets her hand messed up by the fruit, spills the water on table cloth, gets yelled at by the manager and doesn't get the fruit or the money...not to mention any tips whatsoever.
:devil:

Waiter, some Physics please!

Fine then. Empty the matchsticks box, hold the plate with the box (you can bend it, right?), bring the plate to the edge of the table, tilt it and hold the cup with the other hand to collect the water... AND eat the fruit while I do this! :grumpy:

You can use matchsticks only, read the question.
[Putting (s)he instead of he and waiter/waitress instead of waiter since you want the money so bad... or do you just want the fruit?]

<h2>1. What is "Solve Enjoyable Enigmas with Mr.E's Challenge"?</h2><p>"Solve Enjoyable Enigmas with Mr.E's Challenge" is a puzzle game designed to challenge and entertain players of all ages. It features a variety of fun and challenging enigmas that will test your problem-solving skills and critical thinking abilities.</p><h2>2. Who is Mr.E and what is his role in the game?</h2><p>Mr.E is the mysterious host of the game who will guide you through each enigma and provide hints if you get stuck. He is a master of puzzles and riddles and his goal is to challenge and entertain players.</p><h2>3. How many levels are there in the game?</h2><p>There are a total of 50 levels in "Solve Enjoyable Enigmas with Mr.E's Challenge". Each level presents a unique enigma that will require you to think outside the box and use your problem-solving skills.</p><h2>4. Can I play this game with friends or family?</h2><p>Yes, "Solve Enjoyable Enigmas with Mr.E's Challenge" can be played with friends or family. You can take turns solving the enigmas or work together as a team to solve them. It's a great way to bond and have fun together!</p><h2>5. Is this game suitable for all ages?</h2><p>Yes, "Solve Enjoyable Enigmas with Mr.E's Challenge" is suitable for all ages. The enigmas are designed to be challenging but not too difficult, making it a fun and enjoyable experience for players of all ages.</p>

1. What is "Solve Enjoyable Enigmas with Mr.E's Challenge"?

"Solve Enjoyable Enigmas with Mr.E's Challenge" is a puzzle game designed to challenge and entertain players of all ages. It features a variety of fun and challenging enigmas that will test your problem-solving skills and critical thinking abilities.

2. Who is Mr.E and what is his role in the game?

Mr.E is the mysterious host of the game who will guide you through each enigma and provide hints if you get stuck. He is a master of puzzles and riddles and his goal is to challenge and entertain players.

3. How many levels are there in the game?

There are a total of 50 levels in "Solve Enjoyable Enigmas with Mr.E's Challenge". Each level presents a unique enigma that will require you to think outside the box and use your problem-solving skills.

4. Can I play this game with friends or family?

Yes, "Solve Enjoyable Enigmas with Mr.E's Challenge" can be played with friends or family. You can take turns solving the enigmas or work together as a team to solve them. It's a great way to bond and have fun together!

5. Is this game suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Solve Enjoyable Enigmas with Mr.E's Challenge" is suitable for all ages. The enigmas are designed to be challenging but not too difficult, making it a fun and enjoyable experience for players of all ages.