Remote control pingpong collecting robot help

In summary, the conversation discussed the creation of a remote control pingpong collecting robot and the difficulty in organizing the wires to prevent it from malfunctioning. Various solutions were suggested, including using split-loom or spiral wrap to hold the wires together, or encasing them in expandable braided tubes for better protection. Heat-shrink tubing was also mentioned as a more permanent but challenging option. Different sources were provided for purchasing these materials, such as local stores or online retailers.
theknownothing
Hi guys, my friend and I are creating a remote control pingpong collecting robot and so far we have the basics to make it move forward and backward; however, I have no clue in how to clean up this mess of the wires flowing from the motors to the remote. Any help is appreciated and I'll include a picture of the mess.

Btw, the robot sometimes won't move because of this problem. >_<

I was thinking of running these wires through some hose tube but not quite sure.

thanks guys

http://home.comcast.net/~theonehero/71725609861_3300_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
The most typical way is something like split-loom that has a cut along the length of the corrugated tube or a spiral type you can wrap around the wires. The split-loom is fast to add/subtract but doesn't hold well and you need zip-ties where the wires exit to prevent them from slipping out. The spiral is better at holding together but can be tedious when adding/subtracting wire.

http://cableorganizer.com/wire-loom/
http://cableorganizer.com/spiral-wrap/

Then you have the expandable braided tubes, they are the biggest hassle to add/subtract wires if you are making changes but look the coolest and offer good wire protection.

http://cableorganizer.com/wire-management/

If you wanted to make things a little more permanent, you could even encase everything in heat-shrink tubing, but that could be a very large challenge.

There are many sources from a local radio shack or stereo shop or auto parts store and I used the links above because they have nice photos. The split-loom is cheap and readily available and used in millions of cars right from the factory.

Hi there! It's great to hear that you and your friend are working on a remote control pingpong collecting robot. It sounds like a fun and challenging project. As for the mess of wires, one solution could be to use cable ties or zip ties to bundle the wires together and keep them organized. You could also try using wire loom or wire wrap to cover the wires and protect them from getting tangled or damaged. Another option could be to use a wire management system, such as a cable organizer or wire duct, to neatly route the wires and keep them out of the way. As for running the wires through a hose tube, that could work as long as it doesn't restrict the movement of the robot. I hope these suggestions help and good luck with your project!

What is a remote control pingpong collecting robot?

A remote control pingpong collecting robot is a machine designed to collect pingpong balls using a wireless remote control. It is typically used for fun and entertainment purposes.

How does a remote control pingpong collecting robot work?

The robot is equipped with sensors and a motorized arm that allows it to detect and pick up pingpong balls. The remote control allows the user to control the movements of the robot and collect the balls.

What are the benefits of using a remote control pingpong collecting robot?

Using a remote control pingpong collecting robot can save time and effort when collecting pingpong balls. It can also add an element of fun and challenge to the game.

Can the remote control pingpong collecting robot be used for other purposes?

While its main purpose is to collect pingpong balls, the robot can also be used for other tasks such as picking up small objects or assisting in cleaning up small spaces.

Do I need any special skills to operate a remote control pingpong collecting robot?

No, the robot is designed to be user-friendly and does not require any special skills to operate. However, it is recommended to read the instruction manual before use for optimal performance.