Output of the circuit as function of time

In summary, the conversation discusses the ideal diode model and its use in plotting the output of a circuit with a DC voltage source. The ideal diode is defined and its behavior in the circuit is explained. It is also noted that the diode being on or off does not affect the output. The conversation ends with the OP thanking everyone for their replies and figuring out the solution to their problem.
atan691988
can anyone help me with this>>>

* If the input is Given by Vin = V0 cosωt, plot the output of the circuit as function of time. assume an ideal diode model. *

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 482
Physics news on Phys.org
Often, in introductory courses, "ideal diode" means zero forward voltage and zero reverse current.

Write V_out in terms of the DC voltage source 2V and v_in.

When V-in* is more negative than -2, diode is on so replace it with short circuit. Else diode is off, replace it with open circuit.

But, does it really matter whether diode is on/off in this circuit?

Last edited:
rootX said:
But, does it really matter whether diode is on/off in this circuit?

Now that I can see the circuit ... no, you're right it does not affect Vout here.

Gahh! I didn't look at the graphic because I thought it was one of those "pending admin approval" things. Its a link! This is easy.

Hint 1: An ideal voltage source is unaffected by the current that is being drawn from it.
Hint 2: Consider V_in and the battery as your "ideal voltage source"

(Sheesh I practically gave you the answer)

fleem said:
Gahh! I didn't look at the graphic because I thought it was one of those "pending admin approval" things. Its a link! This is easy.

It was a "pending admin approval" thing. Eventually an admin approved it.

Redbelly98 said:
Now that I can see the circuit ... no, you're right it does not affect Vout here.

That was question to the OP because I didn't want to provide him a direct answer :rofl:

hahaha. thanks for all your replies guys.

I've already figure it out..

but really thanks to all :D

<<< mods can close these thread.

What is the output of a circuit as a function of time?

The output of a circuit as a function of time refers to the changing voltage or current values at the output of the circuit over a period of time. This can be represented graphically as a waveform.

How is the output of a circuit as a function of time calculated?

The output of a circuit as a function of time is calculated using mathematical equations and laws, such as Ohm's law and Kirchhoff's laws. These equations take into account the input voltage, resistance, and capacitance of the circuit to determine the output values at different points in time.

What factors can affect the output of a circuit as a function of time?

The output of a circuit as a function of time can be affected by various factors, including the type and quality of the components used, the type of input signal, external interference, and temperature changes. Any changes in these factors can alter the output waveform.

How can the output of a circuit as a function of time be measured?

The output of a circuit as a function of time can be measured using an oscilloscope, which is a specialized instrument that displays the voltage signals as a waveform on a screen. It can also be measured using multimeters, which can measure voltage, current, and resistance at different points in time.

Why is it important to understand the output of a circuit as a function of time?

Understanding the output of a circuit as a function of time is important for troubleshooting and analyzing the performance of electronic devices. It allows engineers to identify any issues or malfunctions in the circuit and make necessary adjustments to improve its functionality. It is also crucial for designing and testing new circuits to ensure their proper operation.