Eek Integrals are ruining my life.

In summary, the conversation is about someone asking for help on two integration problems for an upcoming test. The first problem involves taking the integral of (e^(x)^1/2)/(x)^(1/2) dx and the second problem involves taking the integral of 2/(x^2+4x+8) dx. The person asking for help has attempted the second problem using partial fractions but was unable to factor it. The other person suggests trying a substitution and using the hint for the first problem of 2 \frac{d}{dx} e^{\sqrt{x}} =\frac{e^{\sqrt{x}}}{\sqrt{x}}.
ashleyk
Hey I have a test soon and need help on two problems, please!

first is taking the integral of (e^(x)^1/2)/(x)^(1/2) dx

second is taking the integral of 2/(x^2+4x+8) dx

thanks for any help!

Physics news on Phys.org
You have to at least show you attempted the problem(s) or the smart people won't want to help.

For the 1st one i am not sure where to start...

for the second one, i tried using partial fractions but i could not factor it

ashleyk said:
For the 1st one i am not sure where to start...

When in doubt, try a substitution.

ashleyk said:
for the second one, i tried using partial fractions but i could not factor it

It has no real roots. Try completing the square and remember arctan.

Hint for the first

[tex] 2 \frac{d}{dx} e^{\sqrt{x}} =\frac{e^{\sqrt{x}}}{\sqrt{x}} [/tex]

Daniel.

1. What are Eek Integrals?

Eek Integrals are a type of mathematical integral that can be particularly challenging to solve. They often involve complex functions and require advanced problem-solving skills.

2. Why are Eek Integrals so difficult?

Eek Integrals are difficult because they require a deep understanding of calculus, as well as strong analytical and critical thinking skills. They often involve multiple steps and can be very time-consuming to solve.

3. How can I improve my skills in solving Eek Integrals?

The best way to improve your skills in solving Eek Integrals is to practice regularly. Start with simpler integrals and work your way up to more complex ones. You can also seek help from a tutor or join a study group to learn from others.

4. Are there any tips for solving Eek Integrals?

Yes, there are a few tips that can help you solve Eek Integrals more efficiently. These include identifying patterns in the integrals, using substitution and integration by parts techniques, and checking your answer by differentiating it.

5. How can I overcome my fear of Eek Integrals?

The best way to overcome your fear of Eek Integrals is to approach them with a positive attitude and to break them down into smaller, manageable steps. Remember to also take breaks and seek help when needed. With practice and perseverance, you can conquer Eek Integrals!