1 Nursing associates degree online a good idea?

• Programs
  • Thread starter expert_engine
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Degree Idea
In summary, the conversation suggests that the person is interested in becoming a nurse and is looking for affordable options. Suggestions are made to attend community college and potentially finding a job as an assistant in a medical practice to help with costs. It is also mentioned that nursing is a hands-on job and the teaching should be in-person, and a potential option is to find a program with online lectures but in-person classes for hands-on learning. It is advised to not rely on completely online programs for proper training in the field.
expert_engine
what schools should i try? how much is the registration fee? know anyone who liked it?

Physics news on Phys.org
For the sake of any future patients, please go to a real school and do this. There are many community colleges that offer 2-year nursing degrees.

Also, if you will try to find a job as an assistant in a medical practice, the practice may foot some or most of your cost to attend CC nights to become a nurse. They may are may not require you to agree to work for them for a number of years after you are certified so that they can benefit from having another licensed professional on staff. It can be tough to get and keep good nurses, though private medical practices with stable weekly hours have fewer problems than hospitals with shift-nurses and mandatory weekend/vacation coverage.

Nursing is a hands-on, in-person job, and thus the teaching of it should be as well. While some of the coursework covered in lectures could be accomplished online, other equally important parts cannot. One option you might be able to find is a program where some of the lectures are done online but you still attend classes for the laboratory/hands-on learning one or two days a week instead of every day. This might be more reasonable for someone who is trying to balance a job, or doesn't live close to the school, and still fit in their classes. I would not trust anything that is completely online to provide an adequate training in that field though.

1. Is an online nursing associate's degree program reputable?

Yes, there are many reputable online nursing associate's degree programs offered by accredited institutions. It is important to research the program and institution before enrolling to ensure it meets your educational and career goals.

2. Are online nursing associate's degree programs as rigorous as traditional programs?

Online nursing associate's degree programs are designed to be just as rigorous as traditional programs. They cover the same curriculum and require the same amount of study and clinical hours. However, online programs offer more flexibility in terms of when and where you complete your coursework.

3. Can I complete clinical requirements for an online nursing associate's degree program in my local area?

Many online nursing associate's degree programs require students to complete clinical requirements at an approved healthcare facility. These facilities are often located in the student's local area. However, it is important to confirm with the program beforehand to ensure there are approved facilities in your area.

4. How long does it take to complete an online nursing associate's degree program?

The length of an online nursing associate's degree program can vary depending on the program and the student's pace. Typically, it takes 2 years to complete the program if enrolled full-time. However, some programs offer accelerated options that can be completed in a shorter amount of time.

5. Can I continue my education and earn a higher degree after completing an online nursing associate's degree?

Yes, many online nursing associate's degree programs are designed to transfer credits to a higher degree program. This allows students to continue their education and earn a bachelor's or master's degree in nursing. It is important to confirm with the program beforehand if their credits are transferable.