Conversations: Bigfoot Exposed

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed the views of David Daegling, a scientist specializing in early hominid jaw structure, on the existence of Bigfoot. The author of Bigfoot Exposed, Daegling spoke about the likelihood of giant primates living in the northwestern United States. The conversation also touched on the flaws in pro-Bigfoot arguments and the famous Patterson film.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
A scientist examines the evidence.

David Daegling of the University of Florida at Gainesville specializes in the jaw structure of early hominids, but he also happens to be familiar with that most elusive of North American creatures--Bigfoot. The author of Bigfoot Exposed (Walnut Creek, CA: AltaMira Press, 2004) recently spoke with ARCHAEOLOGY about the likelihood that giant primates live in the northwestern United States. [continued]

http://www.archaeology.org/0407/etc/conversations.html

Physics news on Phys.org
Did I read that right? Is he saying bigfoot is the 6th Marx brother?

I believe he did!

Bigfoot is near the top of my list of fables that I wish with all my heart was true, but probably isn't.

Locrian said:
I believe he did!
So, that's bigfoot exposed: Squatcho, the Marx brother who retired even before Gummo and Zeppo! Who knew?
Bigfoot is near the top of my list of fables that I wish with all my heart was true, but probably isn't.
Take heart. All this guy has done is to point out the flaws in the pro-bigfoot "experts'" arguments. None of these were ever very convincing to begin with. The thing in the Patterson film isn't interesting because of it's gait, but because of it's width and breadth in proportion to height, and because it has boobs.

1. What is "Conversations: Bigfoot Exposed" about?

"Conversations: Bigfoot Exposed" is a documentary-style film that explores the phenomenon of Bigfoot, also known as Sasquatch. It features interviews with witnesses, experts, and skeptics, as well as evidence and theories surrounding the elusive creature.

2. Is "Conversations: Bigfoot Exposed" based on real events?

Yes, the film is based on real events and interviews with real people. It presents both sides of the Bigfoot debate and allows viewers to come to their own conclusions about the existence of the creature.

3. Who is featured in "Conversations: Bigfoot Exposed"?

The film features interviews with witnesses who claim to have seen Bigfoot, experts in the field of cryptozoology, and skeptics who offer alternative explanations for the reported sightings. Some of the notable figures included are Jeff Meldrum, Loren Coleman, and Matt Moneymaker.

4. Does "Conversations: Bigfoot Exposed" provide evidence for the existence of Bigfoot?

The film presents various pieces of evidence, including eyewitness accounts, footprint casts, and audio recordings. However, it also explores the criticisms and lack of concrete evidence in the Bigfoot field, leaving the conclusion up to the viewer.

5. Is "Conversations: Bigfoot Exposed" appropriate for all ages?

While the film does not contain explicit content, some younger viewers may find the subject matter and interviews unsettling. It is recommended for mature audiences who are interested in the Bigfoot phenomenon.