Conversations with God: George Felos & Estelle Browning

• Thread starter Grace
  • Start date
In summary: Source).In summary, George Felos, Michael Schiavo's lawyer, has achieved a singular landmark achievement of having a case successfully withstanding the review by over several dozen state and federal courts over a 7-year period. Standing in front of a huge press of reporters, the attorney apparently said last Saturday that "Frankly when I saw her... she looked beautiful. In all the years I've seen Mrs. Schiavo, I've never seen such a look of peace and beauty upon her."
Grace
Has anyone read the book Litigations as Spiritual Practice by Attorney George Felos, he is Michael Schiavo's lawyer who has now achieved a singular landmark achievement of having a case successfully withstanding the review by over several dozen state and federal courts over a 7-year period. Standing in front of a huge press of reporters, the attorney apparently said last Saturday, "Frankly when I saw her... she looked beautiful. In all the years I've seen Mrs. Schiavo, I've never seen such a look of peace and beauty upon her." According to James Tarantano (Source), this is "the creepiest moment in the Terri Schiavo saga" and goes on to point out a book that George Felos wrote in 2002, entitled " ."

"In that book, Felos describes his contact with Estelle Browning, his first right-to-die case, and how he "sensed her soul in agony" and how his soul touched her as he stood next to her in her nursing home bed.

I don't believe that we can prove or disprove there is a God. I'm wondering how he can have a conversation with God and "sense her soul in agony?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Willful blindness and Wishfull thinking.

Smurf said:
As much as it galls me to agree with you :wink: , that sums it up just about perfectly.

haha, i am wondering the same abuot what is the proof when dose ppl claim they spoke with God.

God messengers and prophets are another story, [well, if X show a miracle that God spoke to him , so that be it] And whether we can prove God or no is another story too, I have a logical proof that God do exist. However, i don't want to kill this thread!

[Well, if some one willing ot open a thread abuot it, i might go and share]

>End of my two pennys<

I'm sorry but since you've said I want to know your proof.
You may as well if you have the time.
And I'm sure most people won't care.
It definitely won't kill the thread I don't think.
I just have two words for you COME ON...COME ON ;)

Smurf said:

QF bloody E.

Maybe the agonized comatose give off a smell that affects one's subconscious. Chemical cues, like the way the sick smell sick.

Or maybe it is wishful thinking on his part.

I have mentioned this before and found a link once, but there was a very interesting book written primarily by an aids hospice nurse, with contributions from over a dozen other hospice workers - doctors, RNs, LVNs, etc. The thesis of the book was that "you don't want to miss your own death"; ie. the dying process. The experiences described by these medical workers was nothing short of staggering and quite inspirational - in much the same light as discussed here, and much, much more. I don't remember the name of that book in particular, but when looking for it I found many others much like it. It seems that you won't find many athiests among the world's foremost experts on death.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
It seems that you won't find many athiests among the world's foremost experts on death.
Nor physicists... :rolleyes:

franznietzsche said:
QF bloody E.
What the bloody hell does that mean?

Danger said:

The hell you talking about willis?

Physicists are predominately non-religious. Among NSF members i think it was 10% believed in God.

Smurf said:
What the bloody hell does that mean?

QFE = Quoted For Emphasis

Danger said:

Sorry? How many mornings make a purple you say?

I tried to have a conversation with God once..he told me to shut-up cause there were people with real problems out there..kinda made me feel better.

franznietzsche said:
The hell you talking about willis?

Physicists are predominately non-religious. Among NSF members i think it was 10% believed in God.
That's what I meant. If the majority of death experts aren't atheists, then obviously the majority are not hard scientists. They're most likely sociologists, psychologists, clergy, mercenaries...

Ivan Seeking said:
Sorry? How many mornings make a purple you say?
You're confused, son. I take the blue one in the morning. (I'm too busy with you weirdos at night.) :tongue:

In http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/pfeiffer200503301030.asp yesterday, Eric Pfeiffer said it very succinctly
This is all not to say that Felos isn't entitled to believe whatever he wants to. He, of course, is. However, this is the same man who has described the Schindler family and their supporters as "fanatics." It's a belief many in the media have reciprocated in their analysis of what drives the Schindler's fight for Terri's survival. But, really, who's three sheets to the moonbeam?
I must admit I have not seen the phrase "three sheets to the moonbeam" although I can guess what it means. The term "three sheets to the wind" means to be drunk (Source):
To be "three sheets to the wind" is to be drunk. The sheet is the line that controls the sails on a ship. If the line is not secured, the sail flops in the wind, and the ship loses headway and control. If all three sails are loose, the ship is out of control.
The first written example of this salty saying apparently comes from "that recorder of low life, Pierce Egan, in his Real life in London of 1821. But it must surely be much older." (Source). Presumably, "three sheets to the moonbeam" is more than very drunk but suffering from drunken delusions. http://dictionary.oed.com/cgi/entry/00315361?single=1&query_type=word&queryword=moonbeam&first=1&max_to_show=10 does not contain any references to "three sheets to the moonbeam" although it cites Shakespeare, "To fanne the Moone-beames from his sleeping eyes". So, I must conclude that the Schiavo case is giving rise to new poetic aspirations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grace said:
The term "three sheets to the wind" means to be drunk
An everyday turn of phrase for us Canuks, although more prevailent in the Maritimes. We also refer to it as 'half-seas over'. :smile:

1. What is "Conversations with God: George Felos & Estelle Browning" about?

"Conversations with God: George Felos & Estelle Browning" is a book that chronicles the conversations between George Felos, a renowned right-to-die lawyer, and Estelle Browning, a terminally ill woman who sought his assistance in ending her life. The book provides a unique perspective on the controversial topic of euthanasia and the ethical and moral dilemmas surrounding it.

2. Who are George Felos and Estelle Browning?

George Felos was a lawyer known for his work on right-to-die cases, including the high-profile case of Terri Schiavo. Estelle Browning was a terminally ill woman who sought Felos' help in ending her life. She was also the author of the book "Conversations with God," which documents her journey towards accepting her own death.

3. What makes "Conversations with God: George Felos & Estelle Browning" an important book?

"Conversations with God: George Felos & Estelle Browning" offers a unique and intimate look into the thoughts and conversations between a lawyer and his client who are facing the controversial issue of euthanasia. The book also explores larger themes of life, death, and the human experience, making it a thought-provoking and important read.

4. Is "Conversations with God: George Felos & Estelle Browning" a religious book?

No, "Conversations with God: George Felos & Estelle Browning" is not a religious book. While the title may suggest otherwise, the book does not focus on religion or promote any specific belief system. Instead, it is a unique and personal account of one woman's journey towards accepting her own death.

5. How does "Conversations with God: George Felos & Estelle Browning" contribute to the ongoing debate on euthanasia?

"Conversations with God: George Felos & Estelle Browning" offers a personal and emotional perspective on the controversial topic of euthanasia. By sharing the thoughts and feelings of both the lawyer and the terminally ill client, the book contributes to a deeper understanding of the ethical and moral complexities surrounding the right-to-die movement.