Flickering and coloring seem problematic

• Thread starter pyzicslolito
  • Start date
In summary: The game itself is fine, just the window is laggy.Your graphics card might not be up to par with more recent machines, which may cause the graphics to lag. Try lowering the graphics settings in the game to make it run smoother.
pyzicslolito
I bought a new computer of core i5 and with geforce gt 620 gpu support. I installed Windows 8.1 on it. However I can't play the game I used to play on Windows 7 anymore. I installed Windows 7 on a dual core processor with less ram than that of the current computer. Things were just fine. All the graphics and animation were smooth. They became laggy only when I opened and viewed many game windows at the same time. Now the game window on the new machine loses its borders, top menu bar and it always sticks to the top left corner of my monitor screen. ..I can't move it down. It is fixed up there. The game screen becomes like being laggy with an incorrect coloring scheme being used. Things occur with only one window opened. Sometimes I see dark blocks of pixels and the colors drawn aren't smooth. My monitor is of LG22EA53, Resolution is 1920 x1080. I also installed its driver on my machine.
Would you please offer me some advice or ideas as to why I run into something like that ?I am thinking better machines should offer better effects. . Thank you a lot.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Enigman said:
I think its the graphic card...not very spectacular ranking (174 out of 200)...http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeForce+GT+620/review
Check the game section http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeForce+GT+620/games
to see if your game is included and can be played in full settings. Otherwise lower the graphic settings of the game to make it work.
What's the RAM btw? And the Game?
Thank you.
Here's the game I play http://boom.zing.vn. I have played only one game until now. I have a 4GB of RAM. I didn't know about the graphics card ranking.

Enigman said:
Make sure that you have installed DirectX http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113 Most games require it to work well. And if all fails lower the resolution and settings to make it work.

I have directX installed and no matter what resolution I change me screen to, the borderless game window is still stuck on the left top corner.

1. What causes flickering and coloring issues?

Flickering and coloring issues can be caused by a variety of factors, such as a faulty display driver, incompatible graphics settings, or hardware problems. It could also be due to poor coding or optimization in the software itself.

2. How can I fix flickering and coloring problems?

The solution to fixing flickering and coloring problems will depend on the specific cause. Some troubleshooting steps you can try include updating display drivers, adjusting graphics settings, and making sure your hardware meets the system requirements for the software. You may also need to contact the developer for assistance or consider getting a hardware upgrade if the issue persists.

3. Is flickering and coloring a common issue in software?

Flickering and coloring issues are not uncommon in software, as they can be caused by various factors and can be difficult to anticipate during development. However, reputable software developers will usually release updates or patches to address these issues.

4. Can flickering and coloring cause damage to my computer?

In most cases, flickering and coloring issues will not cause any damage to your computer. However, if the issue is due to a hardware problem, it is possible that it could lead to further damage if left unresolved. It is always best to address these issues as soon as possible to prevent any potential damage.

5. Is there a way to prevent flickering and coloring problems?

While there is no foolproof way to prevent flickering and coloring issues, there are some steps you can take to reduce the chances of encountering them. This includes keeping your software and drivers up to date, making sure your hardware meets the system requirements, and avoiding running multiple programs at once which can strain your system's resources. Additionally, it is important to use reputable software from trusted developers to minimize the risk of encountering these issues.