Register to reply

Ideas about a budget linear actuator setup with Labview?

by Dante Tufano
Tags: actuator, design assistance, labview, linear, project
Share this thread:
Dante Tufano
Oct2-13, 07:58 PM
P: 31
Hey guys!

So I have a final project idea for an instrumentation class I'm taking. The class uses LabView for all programming purposes, so my setup needs to be compatible with that. I want to make something that when given an input of a melody on labview (in the form of several strings for notes with note length such) pushes the corresponding keys on a piano.

The problem is that I don't have any linear actuators available to me that are meant for distances of about an inch with significant enough speed for this. I was wondering if you guys could recommend some cheap options. I'm not even sure if any exist that can move quickly enough for this project. I'm also wondering what kind of setup you guys would recommend to move the linear actuator along the keyboard quickly and smoothly. My total budget for the project is about a hundred dollars, so the cheaper the better!

Thanks so much in advance for any advice!
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
DIY glove-based tutor indicates muscle-memory potential
Tricorder XPRIZE: 10 teams advance in global competition to develop consumer-focused diagnostic device
Study shows local seismic isolation and damping methods provide optimal protection for essential computing equipment

Register to reply