Anyone in Lebanon, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Cyprus, little help please

• Thread starter makethings
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is looking for email addresses of employment agencies in Lebanon, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Cyprus. They are having trouble finding them on Google and are hoping for help from someone in those countries who may have better access to the information. The speaker mentions that the websites may be in a different language and end in .hk and that the ministries would mainly be for citizens rather than foreigners. The conversation also touches on searching for jobs in Hong Kong and the scale of the job search in Taiwan and Cyprus.
makethings
Hi I am looking for email addresses of employment agencies in these countries: Lebanon, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Cyprus. I am having trouble finding them on google. (ie. I type in "lebanon employment agencies" and I get newspaper job listings in a city called lebanon in the U.S.) I am hoping if somone who in these countries could give me a website like perhaps a "minstry or department of labour" or equivalent website which may contain a listing of many career/employment agencies and their email addresses so I can contact them. You might have better access to that information than I do and would appreciate a little help getting pointed in that direction. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
In that case, they would be in a different language and would end in .hk or something like that. And those ministries would be mainly for citizens rather than foreigners.

Just search Hong Kong jobs on Google, the sites that showed up were actual Hong Kong businesses.

Are you talking about empoyment in general?

Or something more specific?

And Taiwan ---> Cyprus! That's a lot of ground to cover in a job search!

1. What is the current political climate like in Lebanon, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Cyprus?

The current political climate in Lebanon is unstable due to ongoing protests and economic crises. In Taiwan, there is a strong democracy and relatively stable political environment. Hong Kong has experienced widespread protests and political tensions since 2019. Cyprus has a divided political system with ongoing conflicts between the Greek and Turkish Cypriot communities.

2. How is the economy of these countries affected by their political situations?

The political situations in these countries have had varying impacts on their economies. Lebanon and Cyprus have experienced economic downturns due to political instability and conflicts. Taiwan's democratic system and strong trade partnerships have helped its economy remain stable. Hong Kong's economy has been greatly impacted by the ongoing protests and political tensions.

3. Are there any current human rights issues in these countries?

There are several human rights concerns in these countries. In Lebanon, there have been reports of government corruption and human rights violations during the ongoing protests. In Taiwan, there have been debates over LGBTQ+ rights and treatment of migrant workers. Hong Kong has faced criticism for its handling of the protests and potential violations of political rights. Cyprus has ongoing human rights issues related to the division of the island and treatment of minority groups.

4. How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected these countries?

The COVID-19 pandemic has had varying impacts on these countries. Lebanon has experienced a surge in cases and economic challenges due to lockdowns and restrictions. Taiwan has been praised for its successful handling of the pandemic with low case numbers and minimal disruptions. Hong Kong has faced criticism for its handling of the pandemic and its impact on political protests. Cyprus has seen a decline in tourism and economic challenges due to the pandemic.

5. How has international relations played a role in the current situations in these countries?

International relations have played a significant role in the current situations in these countries. Lebanon has faced pressure from other countries to address its economic and political issues. Taiwan has faced tensions with China over its sovereignty. Hong Kong's protests have gained international attention and support. Cyprus has ongoing conflicts with neighboring countries over territorial disputes and political alliances.