What Classes Should I Take for Next Semester in Aerospace Engineering?

In summary, the author is considering taking a number of courses next semester and is worried about the difficulty of the semester. They want to make sure they maintain a good grade point average and do not take something that is too difficult. They are considering taking different courses depending on the professor.
ncr7
I am in Aerospace Engineering and I am about ready to schedule for classes next semester. I was thinking about taking Calc 3, Physics 1, Thermodynamics, Auto Cad, and probably something else. As I have been looking at this I am thinking it will be a tough semester. I might think about changing something around. I still have to take static’s too, but with that in there would be like having 5 math’s in one semester.
I want to make sure I keep my GPA over a 3.0 and even raise it closer to 4.0 so I really don't want to take something Impossible to where I get ok grades instead of higher grades. any suggestions?

I have been taking calc 2 this semester and I heard that Calc 2 is the hardest out of the math’s from calc 1 to differential equations. Is this true?

Engineering news on Phys.org
ncr7 said:
I am in Aerospace Engineering and I am about ready to schedule for classes next semester. I was thinking about taking Calc 3, Physics 1, Thermodynamics, Auto Cad, and probably something else. As I have been looking at this I am thinking it will be a tough semester. I might think about changing something around. I still have to take static’s too, but with that in there would be like having 5 math’s in one semester.
I want to make sure I keep my GPA over a 3.0 and even raise it closer to 4.0 so I really don't want to take something Impossible to where I get ok grades instead of higher grades. any suggestions?

I have been taking calc 2 this semester and I heard that Calc 2 is the hardest out of the math’s from calc 1 to differential equations. Is this true?

I thought Calc III was harder. It depends on your prof and your book. Assuming your book will not change throughout the calc series, it really will depend on your professor.

yeah I guess that is true. My calc prof this semester is only letting us use scientific calculators... which it has actually helped me with figuring out graphs better. I did here that a Dif Eq prof here at UB doesn’t let you use a calculator at all. I am going to have to talk to people here and see who is the best prof for calc III.

Don't you need any electives like social science or writing. If so, take one of those.

Well I did those already in my prior degree I was going for. I have enough social sciences I believe, and all my writing classes out of the way, so I just have all the fun ones left :u) I am going to head over to my advisor sometime next week. I got 2 tests tomorrow, Chem and American politics. I am ready for Chem but I hate American Politics lol. I think maybe I will take a Astronomy class if they have one, that would be fun :u) Thanks for the suggestions

What classes are being offered next semester?

The specific classes being offered next semester will vary depending on your university and major. You can typically find a list of available classes on your university's website or by speaking with your academic advisor.

When do I need to register for classes for next semester?

Registration dates for classes can also vary, but they are typically announced well in advance. It is important to check your university's academic calendar for the specific registration dates and make sure to register during your designated time slot.

How many classes should I take next semester?

The number of classes you should take next semester will depend on several factors, such as your major requirements, your personal schedule, and your academic workload. It is important to consult with your academic advisor to determine the appropriate number of classes for you.

What if the classes I need are already full?

If the classes you need are already full, you can try adding yourself to the waitlist or speaking with the professor to see if any additional spots may open up. If not, you may need to consider taking the class during a different semester or finding an alternative class that fulfills the same requirement.

Can I drop or switch classes after registering for next semester?

Yes, you can drop or switch classes after registering for next semester. However, be sure to check with your university's policies and deadlines for dropping or adding classes. Dropping a class too late in the semester may result in a penalty or affect your financial aid.