Will 2007 bring chaos or change on a global scale?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, MIH predicts that there will be more bad than good in 2007, but that the year will end with some positive developments.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Make at least one specific prediction for the new year. This can be a logical prediction, an intuitive prediction, a mystical insight provided by your medium or your Indigo Star Child, or a wild guess.

These are more wild guesses than anything:
Joe Biden will emerge as a leading candidate for 2008
Iraq will remain a mess with perhaps some improvement by the year's end

A logical prediction:
Subpoenas will flow through Washington like the Potomac.

Physics news on Phys.org
My prediction: nothing much will change.

My prediction:
-Some bad stuff will happen, and some good stuff will happen.

expensive divorce for Art Bell.:biggrin:

My predicition: war, war, and more war.

Math Is Hard said:
expensive divorce for Art Bell.:biggrin:

I'm allready in 2007, so it's too late for me to give predictions. :tongue2:

Btw, off topic, MiH, you really seem to like changing your avatars. Is that a special New Year's avatar or is it non-permanent? The fish was kinda more cool. :wink:

radou said:
I'm allready in 2007, so it's too late for me to give predictions. :tongue2:

Btw, off topic, MiH, you really seem to like changing your avatars. Is that a special New Year's avatar or is it non-permanent? The fish was kinda more cool. :wink:

It's Chinese New Year Barbie. The fish was swell - but the swelling's gone down now.

Math Is Hard said:
It's Chinese New Year Barbie. The fish was swell - but the swelling's gone down now.

Oh, ok. Looks a bit creepy, that's why I asked. :tongue2:

radou said:
Oh, ok. Looks a bit creepy, that's why I asked. :tongue2:

heh. You should have seen my halloween Borg Barbie!:tongue2:

Aw, I like the new avatar. Looks very festive!

My prediction for 2007 is that MIH will change her avatar at least 7 more times. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Aw, I like the new avatar. Looks very festive!

My prediction for 2007 is that MIH will change her avatar at least 7 more times. :biggrin:

Too easy! Make another prediction.

Ivan develops a process to make Near Beer and biofuel from the same algae. :rofl:

My Prediction:

The Earth will rotate around the sun once more, and i will have less time left to achieve my goals.

Ars longa vita brevis.

3trQN said:
... and i will have less time left to achieve my goals.

If you work properly, you'll be closer to your goals, that's a more optimistic view which I advise you to take. :wink:

Astronuc said:
Ivan develops a process to make Near Beer and biofuel from the same algae. :rofl:

Better than that:

BioBeer
Just drink it and then pee in your gas tank.

Math Is Hard said:
Too easy! Make another prediction.

:uhh: Okay, Zz will make one or two more trips to Disney. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:

ok, That's it. I'm calling the Amazing Randi.

Moonbear said:
You mean more than usual - right? :rofl:

How about PF opens a PF Pavilion at Disney and Zz becomes the directory. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
BioBeer
Built in recycling plan - I thought that was top secret. :rofl:

Ivan Seeking said:
Better than that:

BioBeer

Is that served with BioBeans? :rofl:

I'm already in 07 as well, and all of your predictions came true.

Moonbear said:
Sigh, and we think our current transit system has bad pollution. :frown:

Moonbear said:

Sure, but with that one you'll be leaving skid marks every time you hit the gas!

STOP, please stop! I beseech thee!

How about the date and time when PF will sign on its 50,000th member?

I'll say Jan. 5th, at 6AM PST.

We get to vote again if Greg purges the system. Presently we have: Members: 49,364

Last edited:
Sweden will have its first successful vote of no confidence ever on conservative leader and Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt, forcing him and his cabinet to resign because of controversy about removal of social security and for selling out government monopolies.

US vs. Iran conflict will claim new precedence for world leaders and the UN. Not that is will matter.

1. Will 2007 bring chaos or change on a global scale?

As a scientist, I cannot predict the future with certainty. However, based on current events and trends, it is likely that 2007 will bring both chaos and change on a global scale. The world is constantly evolving and facing various challenges, so it is natural to expect a mix of chaos and change in any given year.

2. What kind of chaos can we expect in 2007?

Again, it is impossible to accurately predict the specific types of chaos that may occur in 2007. However, some potential sources of chaos could include natural disasters, political conflicts, economic downturns, and social unrest. These are all ongoing issues that can greatly impact the global landscape.

3. How could 2007 bring about change on a global level?

There are numerous ways in which 2007 could bring about change on a global scale. For example, advancements in technology, shifts in political power, and evolving societal norms can all contribute to change. Additionally, global initiatives and movements aimed at addressing pressing issues such as climate change or poverty could also bring about significant change in 2007.

4. Is there any way to prepare for potential chaos in 2007?

While it is impossible to fully prepare for all potential sources of chaos, there are steps that individuals and communities can take to be more resilient in the face of challenges. This may include disaster preparedness plans, financial planning, and staying informed about current events. It is also important to prioritize mental and emotional well-being in order to cope with unexpected chaos.

5. How can we embrace and adapt to change in 2007?

To embrace and adapt to change in 2007, it is important to have an open mindset and be willing to learn and grow. This may involve being open to new ideas and perspectives, actively seeking out information and knowledge, and being flexible and adaptable. It is also important to stay connected with others and work together towards positive change.