Fixing Error in Gambit: "Continuum or Boundary Type

• Thread starter ank_gl
  • Start date
In summary, there was an error in saving configuration settings when pointing the flexlm license finder to the license, but Gambit was still able to function properly. However, when trying to export the mesh file, an error occurred due to invalid continuum or boundary types specified on certain edge entities. The speaker suggests contacting www.fluent.com for assistance, as they have a comprehensive help program. They also mention having recently reinstalled Windows, adding to their confusion on how to resolve the issue.
ank_gl
just after i point the flexlm license finder to the license, i get this message
"Error in saving configuration settings: for further information, refer to the flexlm end user manual, available at "www.globetrotter.com""

then gambit starts and i can make the geometry i want to make. after specifying boundary types, when i go to export the mesh file, this error comes up
Error: continuum or boundary type specified on entity edge.4 is invalid for fluent6
Error: continuum or boundary type specified on entity edge.2 is invalid for fluent6

earlier neither that config error came up, nor this invalidity error came, i am confused on what to do. recently i reinstalled windows. what am i supposed to do to fix up this mess??

Engineering news on Phys.org
Contact www.fluent.com they have a very extensive help program they should be able to help you.

1. What does the error "Continuum or Boundary Type" in Gambit mean?

This error typically means that there is a mismatch between the type of boundary or interface you have specified in your Gambit model and the type of boundary or interface that is expected by the solver. This can occur if you have not properly defined the boundary conditions or if you have imported a model from another software that uses different boundary types.

2. How can I fix this error in Gambit?

The first step in fixing this error is to carefully review and double check all of your boundary conditions and make sure they are correctly defined. If you have imported a model, you may need to manually adjust the boundary types to match the expectations of the solver. You can also try restarting Gambit and reloading the model to see if the error persists.

3. What are the most common causes of the "Continuum or Boundary Type" error?

The most common causes of this error are incorrect boundary condition definitions, importing a model with mismatched boundary types, or attempting to use a solver that is not compatible with the specified boundary types. It can also occur if you have made changes to the mesh or model after defining the boundary conditions.

4. Can I prevent this error from occurring in the future?

Yes, you can prevent this error by carefully reviewing and checking all of your boundary conditions before running the solver. It is also important to make sure that the boundary types in your model match the expectations of the solver you are using. If you are frequently encountering this error, it may be helpful to document your boundary conditions and ensure they are consistent for future simulations.

5. Are there any troubleshooting steps I can take if I continue to encounter this error?

If you are unable to resolve the "Continuum or Boundary Type" error, you can try exporting your model to a different software that is known to be compatible with your chosen solver. You can also seek assistance from the Gambit user community or contact technical support for further guidance. Additionally, double checking your model and boundary conditions for any potential errors or inconsistencies may also help to resolve the issue.