Physics documentaries list?

In summary, the conversation is about the search for a physics documentary list and a recommendation for a PBS documentary about dogs. The speaker is not able to provide a list or recommendations for physics documentaries.
karnten07
Physics documentaries list??

Hi huys, is there a physics based documentaries list here on PF because i think it would be helpful to have one. I did find a physics movie one with few mentions of docu's, but I am looking for one of just documentaries, possibly with links to them online?

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry to be so extremely unhelpful, but I don't know of any list and I don't have any documentaries about physics to recommend. However, lately my PBS station has been showing "Dogs that changed the world" or something similar to that. It is one of the most interesting documentaries I've seen in a long time.

Hi there,

Thank you for your suggestion! I am always excited to share my knowledge and passion for physics with others. While I am not aware of a specific list of physics documentaries on PF, I can certainly recommend some great ones for you to check out.

Firstly, I highly recommend "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene, which explores the fascinating world of string theory and its potential to unify all of physics. Another great documentary is "Particle Fever," which follows the journey of physicists at the Large Hadron Collider as they search for the elusive Higgs boson.

For a historical perspective, "The Day the Universe Changed" by James Burke is a thought-provoking series that explores how scientific discoveries have shaped our understanding of the world. "The Fabric of the Cosmos" by Brian Greene is also a fantastic series that delves into the mysteries of space, time, and the nature of reality.

I hope this helps and inspires you to explore the amazing world of physics through documentaries. Happy watching!

1. What are some popular physics documentaries?

Some popular physics documentaries include "Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey", "The Elegant Universe", "Particle Fever", "The Inexplicable Universe", and "The Fabric of the Cosmos".

2. Are there any physics documentaries that are suitable for beginners?

Yes, there are many physics documentaries that are suitable for beginners, such as "The Universe", "Wonders of the Solar System", "Hawking", and "How the Universe Works". These documentaries provide a basic understanding of physics concepts without being too technical.

3. Are there any physics documentaries that focus on specific topics?

Yes, there are many physics documentaries that focus on specific topics, such as "The Quantum Revolution", "The Mystery of Dark Matter", "The Search for Gravity Waves", and "The Hunt for Higgs". These documentaries delve deeper into specific areas of physics and are great for those looking for more in-depth information.

4. Are there any physics documentaries that feature real-life experiments?

Yes, there are many physics documentaries that feature real-life experiments, such as "The Mechanical Universe", "What the Physics?", "The Story of Electricity", and "The Secrets of Quantum Physics". These documentaries showcase actual experiments and demonstrations, making it easier for viewers to understand complex concepts.

5. Are there any physics documentaries that are available for streaming?

Yes, there are many physics documentaries that are available for streaming on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video. Some popular ones include "Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking", "Cosmic Front", "Genius by Stephen Hawking", and "The Beginning and End of the Universe".